[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.png (16 KB, 538x164) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16 KB, 538x164
>>

ur mums house
>>
five

anything above eight is unusable
>>
>>54681142
Stop using Chrome.
>>
5 at most, anything more just needs to be closed, we both know you're not going to absorb or even make use of that information any longer.
>>
>>54681156
does firefox have some way of keeping track of tabs that nobody talks about, or is it the same shit of having too much shit going on, but you're making a comment on memory or something?

not >>54681142 but more than 10 or 20 becomes unusable purely because my short term memory doesn't give me capacity to have 20 things going on. whenever i have 15 or more tabs it's either because
1) I'm downloading a bunch of images from gelbooru or whatever, or
2) i've lost track of what i was doing but i don't want to close 10 of the open tabs in case i remember what that was and realize i needed them.
>>
>>54681217
he's implying it uses too much memory to be usable
>>
>>54681252
oh. but that's stupid. i know my desktop has too much ram to be representative (32GB but mostly because i do a fair amount of data analysis stuff on it), but my laptop has like 8GB which seems pretty representative of a normal user with a reasonable to good system, and i've definitely been guilty of the 1st case (the gelbooru downloading case) and my computer handled it just fine. it was just an organizational mess.
>>
Never more than 5.
>>
>>54681075
Using Chrome, I usually have anywhere between 4-7.
>>
File: a_lot_of_tabs.png (244 KB, 1279x1023) Image search: [Google]
a_lot_of_tabs.png
244 KB, 1279x1023
>>54681075
>how many usually.
up to 10 max.

>how much it can handle.
>A lot
>>
File: ɯǝpınɯ.jpg (10 KB, 64x64) Image search: [Google]
ɯǝpınɯ.jpg
10 KB, 64x64
>>54681562
Nice shoop.
>>
>>54681562
Firefox is 32 bit.

This is either bullshit or mad hax.
>>
>>54681611
its been 64-bit for a while now
>>
If you want to read it later that's what bookmarks are for, otherwise only keep what you need.

There's a guy I work with who keeps 100's of tabs open and whenever I ask him something he spends 10 fucking minutes clicking back and forth between tabs trying to find the right one... the stupid thing is that he was on the right one like 5 seconds before I asked him!
>>
File: 32bit.png (4 KB, 552x224) Image search: [Google]
32bit.png
4 KB, 552x224
>>54681622
>falling for it.
firefox is 32bit as >>54681611 said.
Therefore it cannot allocate more than 3.4 GB.

78K tabs is possible, get a clickerbot and let it open tabs for 40 mins.
>>
>>54681277
You can download something like TabTree for Firefox. It moves tabs to the right and gives them a hierarchical structure. Looks weird but it's more usable.
>>
>>54681669
Ever since Firefox 4 added "switch to tab" in like 2010, tabs are searchable by name and URL. And current tabs are no harder to find than bookmarks.
>>
>>54681075
I sometimes build up to about 6-8 a monitor, then when I realise its gotten to that point, I trim it down to the 1-2 area.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.