[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/FAST.com/ General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 3464634757.png (14 KB, 204x198) Image search: [Google]
3464634757.png
14 KB, 204x198
>still using flash based autism testing sites that waste time running ping tests and packet loss which any competent router would block anyways and winds up failing then also wastes time testing upload when nobody gives a fuck about that since the laggiest 1mbps upload is more than enough to send the nessisary ACK files for standard TCP internet usage anyways
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 294x172) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 294x172
>>
>>54680298
https://rbt.asia/g/thread/S54658131
https://rbt.asia/g/thread/S54617990
https://rbt.asia/g/thread/S54619204
Keep posting, it's starting to catch on.
>>
>upload doesn't matter

Tell that to all the fucks that insist "the cloud" is all you ever need for your data storage needs.

Acronis even offers a full system cloud backup, not grasping that it takes days to upload my 512 GB ssd image to their servers on a 2 mbps upload connection.

I will take the whole cloud business seriously when I have at least 50 mbps upload, even that would be way slow.
>>
>>54680774

any normal person who can fill up a 2-3TB single platter HDD that costs like $60 is autistic

but still, pretty much every cable ISP upload and some of the jewish fiber ones is usually around 10mbps or more which is still more than enough to suitibly upload normal files in no time at all
>>
>>54680298
>Any competent router would block
Why would you block something so essential to networking?
>>
File: fast.png (26 KB, 904x662) Image search: [Google]
fast.png
26 KB, 904x662
it's not gigabyte but it gets the job done
>>
If you don't want to use the flash site, you can use speedtest-cli
>>
>>54681242

i dont wanna do shit

i go to fast.com it does its thing immediately and i leave

i can click refresh anytime to check again
>>
>upload when nobody gives a fuck about that since the laggiest 1mbps upload is more than enough to send the nessisary ACK files for standard TCP internet usage anyways
Australia doesn't even have that lad
>>
>hurr upload doesn't matter

Even the plebbest of the plebs today uses any kind of cloud storage or video conferencing.

Yes, upload matters.
>>
>>54681399

>normal anons are doing cloud storage and confrence calls

top shit m8

and a fucking skype call doenst need fucking 100mbps upload

99% of youtube or twitch streamers using shitty capture cards are barely uploading at more than 1mbps and it looks fine, much less a web conference call with a stationary head shot
>>
Sure is a lot of strange volunteer-work shilling in this thread.

(Also, uh? Speedtest uses HTML these days.)
>>
>>54681415
Upload can stunt download you know so it's important to know if ur UL is weak. Plus why not? Non plebs just hack their Isp lns, install juniper compiled iperf and test the last mile because that's what really counts in today's ISP landscape where everyone peers anyway.
>>
File: fast.com.png (55 KB, 1665x950) Image search: [Google]
fast.com.png
55 KB, 1665x950
>>
>>54681415
>fucking skype doesn't-

STOP

and think for a second
"what would skype do?"

and the answer is eat all your resources
>>
File: Fh63Xps[1].png (29 KB, 829x906) Image search: [Google]
Fh63Xps[1].png
29 KB, 829x906
>>54681588
>>54681116
>>54680298

git gud plebs
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.