[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need advice for trackpad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
I've used a Macbook air for school for a long time, but as it was my school-issued computer I no longer have it and now only use my Asus X553SA. The difference between the trackpads of these two computers is astounding, and I was wondering if it is possible to purchase a Macbook trackpad and install it and the necessary software into my computer. Windows 10 is a pain in the butt to deal with, and the trackpad makes it so much worse. Any advice on this idea, or fixes to make the trackpad actually good? I feel like a baby since I keep trying to do two finger double clicks and do other stupid stuff.
>>
No. Wouldnt work because you would need the drivers for it, which is strictly apart of OSX.
>>
>>54675769
>possible to purchase a Macbook trackpad and install it and the necessary software into my computer
no.

you could probably buy a standalone trackpad (like a magic trackpad) then maybe you could get drivers working. not sure if you can get the bootcamp drivers for it on its own though.
>>
>>54675769
You mean buying an actual macbook trackpad and somehow fitting that into your Asus? I doubt that is possible. At the very least it would require a LOT of soldering, tinkering and reverse-engineering. Not trivial at all. As you are asking this question I don't think this is your solution.
>>
>>54675826
Yeah, that was my idea. Is it possible to make the trackpad work like a Mac one though? All the google results just talk about smart touch and two finger scrolling.
>>
the precision m4500 i have alows you to do double taps as clicking on stuff.
>>
>>54675769
>too stupid to open settings and enable gestures
>pls halp!!!
>>
>>54675813
http://trackpad.powerplan7.com/
>>
>>54676762
Tried that, not as good as Mac.

I think I'll just deal with the crappy trackpad or take the much easier route of buying a mouse. Thanks for the clarification everyone, I didn't expect 4chan to actually be helpful.
>>
ACMT certified here, and believe it or not but he might be on to something. Trackpads use similar connectors and the trackpad on the mac is similar. Soldering the points woudn't be that hard
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.