[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A+ Certifications
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: CompTIA_A_HaCoder.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CompTIA_A_HaCoder.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
So I am taking the Comptia A+ (801 and 802) certifications next Tuesday.

Any one on /g/ take these exams?
How hard are they?
And does anyone of some good resources to review before I take the test?
>>
>>54674868
try taking online practice exams and then going to professor messor's youtube videos to review the topics you missed.
>>
>>54674921
Do you know of any good Online tests to take?
>>
>>54674952
I just took the A+ 801 a few months ago, and the 802 two weeks ago.
Look up the A+ Exam cram practice tests and take them. The examcompass tests are also pretty good.
>>
>>54675840
unfortunately the exam Cram tests cost Dosh

Guess the examcompass tests will have to do.
>>
I took the A+ a couple of years ago. It's not that difficult. I used Michael Meyer's All-In-One Exam Guide.
>>
>>54675947
I found it for free in the top 10 results for
"A+ 220-801 exam cram pdf"
Try harder
>>
What jobs can you get with A+ cert?
>>
>>54674868
Doesn't the A+ expire soon? Would taking it now be a waste of time?
>>
I just took the 801 test last week.

Learn your ports, cables, lengths, and speeds.

If you can remember that hen you're set.
>>
>>54676229
best buy geek squad requires A+ cert

not much though because employers expect you to have done something with that cert as well
>>
>>54676253
>lengths
As in maximum length?

Also printers fuck printers
>>
>>54676249
No. However, to be A+ certified you must pass 2 tests. The 801 and 802 tests are being retired, so if you have only taken one of them by june 30 you will have to retake the newer ones (901 and 902).
>>
>>54676317
Which is a pain in the ass because shit costs $200 per test
>>
File: luffythumbs.png (524 KB, 779x588) Image search: [Google]
luffythumbs.png
524 KB, 779x588
>>54674868
Not hard if you take a little time to study for them, or just have a pretty good knowledge of computers to begin with. Review Professor Messor's videos and take practice exams, then you'll be set. Good luck.
>>
>>54676330
>tfw I stole a discount code from the PC maintenance class at my uni
>>
Professor Messer on YouTube will lead you to the promise land.
Just make sure you watch it at 1.25× because there's A LOT of them
>>
>>54674868
>how hard are they?
If you have job experience in tech then it shouldn't be too hard (I mean real job experience, like full time work not the odd support for friends/family)

I thought the 801 was fairly easy. I had to take the 802 twice. First time I missed it by 20 points. Needed 700/900 to pass I got 680.

Did you just schedule them without studying or taking any practice tests? If so that's pretty dumb.

Everyone says the test is really easy. I think the content isn't hard to learn but CompTIA asks questions in a really convoluted way. I also think it's easy in retrospect. Like after I got the CCNA the A+ and N+ seemed super easy. Sec+ wasn't as hard for me as other people.

Just make sure you take you take your time and actually learn lol.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.