[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here has any experience on burning EPROMs? particularly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: eb-boot-2.jpg (88 KB, 639x426) Image search: [Google]
eb-boot-2.jpg
88 KB, 639x426
Does anyone here has any experience on burning EPROMs? particularly Snes ROMs.

Long story short, last month i went to a vidya convention and found some guy selling Snes multicarts, i bought 3 at $35 each, with bretty gud games that go for at least 50 each on the Resellers Bay.

So, i took them to a friends house to play some Turtles in Time and another guy there asked me if i wopuld sell it to him is aid well how much would you offer... $70 bucks and i said yep.

so i made %100 profit and now other guy wants to buy another one of mine, so im seeing a business oportunity here.

I contacted the guy who i bought them from and he can sell me the multi ROM boards for $17 each with plastic carts, the only thing im missing are obviously the ROMs.

Now, i have some decent soldering skills so there would be no prioble about that, however, what im lacking is experience with ROM programmers and finding the correct EPROM for each ROM.

Any advice here? tried Google but theres tons and tons of info and not an actual concentrated tutorial or wiki about it.

Any input appreciated.
>>
For rom type you could probably check a rom db.
For programmer, I assume they use a common interface for the ROMs. Find out what it is and buy the correct programmer.

It's probably still cheaper to just buy from chinamen though.
>>
If you can't find someone here, you might want to try /vr/. There are a couple dudes who sometimes pop up there who know a bit about that stuff. /g/ is generally just for shitposting and arguing about Nvidia vs AMD.
>>
File: eb-boot-2.jpg (170 KB, 1411x453) Image search: [Google]
eb-boot-2.jpg
170 KB, 1411x453
>>54661586
yeah i just started looking into this stuff since last night, ive always known about Snes repros but had no idea multicarts were actually possible, this is the store where you can get the boards in case anyone is interested

https://mortoffgames.com/index.php?search[keywords]=Creation&_a=category

thats the cheap one with no SRAm so is for games with no save function, he also sells boards with SRAM for $16.

anyways pic related is what the manual for that board says about ROM compatibility... ive been searching on Ebay for a cheap programmer but the ones that list compatibility for these EPROMS are expensve as fucking fuck in the 100-150 mark and up.

There has to be something cheaper tho, something that at leasty lets me start this adventure and burn only common games, and if its actually profitable ill get a better one to burn the bigger more specific stuff.

>>54661619
LOL, thanks il try there too.
>>
>>54661693
You want the creation PCB?
It seems the most compatible. And saving is mentioned.
Apparently the multirom is completely controlled by the MCU.

The ROMs don't seem to use any of the modern interfaces you can get a cheap programmer for. Cheapest EPROM programmer I found is $85. You'll also need a UV light if you want to erase them and the chips themselves aren't cheap either.
>>
>>54661548
/diy/ is the place to ask this sort of question. While the name says Technology here, what that really means is Consumer Technology.
>>
>>54663017
yes i want to do both, games with saves and games ith no saves, the only difference is a couple bucks, they use the exact same EPROMs.

>The ROMs don't seem to use any of the modern interfaces you can get a cheap programmer for

the chips ill be needing are 16 bits 27c400-800-160 27c322, i think they are all 40 pins.

Does it mean i can do that with a cheap programmer like these ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121853986905?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TL866CS-USB-Universal-Minipro-Programmer-EEPROM-FLASH-8051-AVR-MCU-GAL-PIC-SPI-/321085105494?hash=item4ac229e556:g:OrgAAMXQc7ZRi3ne

i cant find those specifics chips in the compatibility list, but i can see the socket is 40 pins.
>>
>>54663028
lel I have my board title set to exactly that

>>54663084
It says the 27c322 is 42 pins?

Anyway hope you have a desktop because it uses a parallel port.

The flasher should work, even if you have to deal with shitty software.
Seems like it'll only flash one at a time, and not sure how fast. Probably 5-10 mins each.
>>
>have freaky piece of hardware
>runs on a Z180
>OS is on a 27C64, non-erasable variant
>need to dump the ROM to find out how shit's set up
>only computer is a Linux laptop

Is there even such a thing as a Linux-compatible programmer/dumper?
>>
>>54663140
>>54663084
Also consider DIY

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=163682.0
http://forum.6502.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2491
>>
>>54663148
Just use a VM.
>>
>>54663140
fuck... yes they are all 42 pins
>>
>>54661548
>fell for the SNES meme
>fell for the multicart meme
>fell for the emulation meme
>fell for the soldering meme
>fell for the ebay meme
>fell for the US dollar meme
>fell for the Google meme
>fell for the Wiki meme
>fell for the making profits meme
>etcetera, etcetera

Godamn you sure like your memes.
>>
>>54663882
What's the purpose of this post? Reddit you're not welcome here. We're not all about the memes, memes are only a sprinkling of who we are. If you truly want to fit in here you stay on topic, and douse your post with memes. Like this.

Op you could try setting an arguing or rpi up with a shield that has a 40 pin connector, that was it reads a regular old usb
>>
File: bizarro_I_Love_you.jpg (62 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
bizarro_I_Love_you.jpg
62 KB, 600x600
>>54664309
>falling for the meme meme

First time on >>>/g/ huh? Anyway, the purpose is that I'm extremely fucked up on oxy right now, and it seemed humorous to me at the time.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.