[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /g/ I had decided to get my OSCP certification. I have little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: oscp-certs.png (114 KB, 500x326) Image search: [Google]
oscp-certs.png
114 KB, 500x326
So /g/ I had decided to get my OSCP certification. I have little to no knowledge of the infosec field. So far I had read Linux in 24 hours. Plan on reading more about awk and sed. Also I have a book about grep. Once I feel bretty gud with navigating linux with some intermediate skills I am going to move on to bash. Basically these are the steps I had made up in my head of what I need to learn:
Linux
Bash
Python
Networking fundamentals
Network protocols
CMD/batch (basics)
Nmap
tshark
metasploit

is there any other recommended areas and books I should read and study?
>>
>>54645492
yes, How OP is always faggot vol 3
>>
>>54645492
good luck on the test
>>
>>54645523
thx for the tip ;)
>>
so no help huh?
>>
>>54645622
corelan.be, start reading about writing exploits and debugging. OSCP is not an intro to security, if you aren't familiar with a lot of the stuff you might as well not waste the money. The labs are excellent, but they do not hold your hand.
>>
>>54645570
i hope i didn't disappoint since it was only the tip ;)

((i'm much bigger)) ;);););) ;x
>>
k first get on linux, learn the shell well, init daemon(systemd), learn bash features, the gnu coreutils(basic unix commands). learn python too, you gotta be able to script stuff and know how to write code.

^^ thats the basics.

then read hacking art of exploitation, then with your python knowledge, rewrite the exploit attack scripts in python, then go to that course, you'll have knowledge of tcp/ip and of hacking essentials to go through the OSCP, you'll learn the pentesting tools at the OSCP study guides, but won't hurt to learn some real networking concepts either. Goodluck.
>>
OP I got my OSCP and the videos if you want them
>>
>>54646580
(OP, it's a trap)
>>
File: cplusplus.jpg (37 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
cplusplus.jpg
37 KB, 407x405
>>54646580
upload them queerbait
>>
>>54645492
you better have solid understanding of everything before doing any paid offensive security course
>>
>>54645492
>I want to get my knowledge of something I admittedly know little to next to nothing about certified so everyone knows :^)

poor little tool, you're gonna get eaten alive
>>
>>54646580
Please
>>
>>54649017
but bro i run metasploit, i pretty much know how 2 hack ur computer
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.