[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How should I do this? Where should the hot and cold air go?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: my rig.png (33 KB, 1191x494) Image search: [Google]
my rig.png
33 KB, 1191x494
How should I do this? Where should the hot and cold air go?

The CPU fan blows upward, and the GPU fans blow toward the side, over the motherboard.
>>
If your cpu's fan is blowing upwards then having the top fans as exhaust would be best. The typical method would be front and bottom as intake, rear and top as exhaust.
>>
One on the left, hot air rises. It's basic science. Also more output fans is more important than intake.
>>
who fucking cares? it takes 15 seconds to switch the direction. do whatever you want you child

or call geeksquad. in either case fuck off
>>
>not having a vacuum inside your pc
>>
>>54641344
Uh no. You're want more intake fans to create a positive pressure environment.
OP. Have as many intake fans as possible, and leave the two on top of case as outtake. This creates a positive pressure environment where hot air (which also naturally goes up) is forced into the cooler environment from the positive pressure, thus maximizing airflow.
>>
One on the front, no exhaust as it literally makes really few difference while adding a lot of noise
>>
>>54641273
this is mickey mouse shit. the diagram on the left is fine, especially if your cpu blows up and the heat from your gpu will go sideways then up anyways. Supplement the laws of convection.
>>
File: Airflow.png (75 KB, 1674x494) Image search: [Google]
Airflow.png
75 KB, 1674x494
>>
>>54642030
>>54641273
You should also turn the CPU fan around so it blows down instead.
>>
>>54641553
You're stupid as fuck. Having too many intake fans means you struggle to pump air in and hardly any air leaves...... the inverse of sucking too hard is a better option because it will pull air from every crack and crevice including the intakes... which means the throughput of air will be higher.... the best option is to have it as balanced as possible...

the old thing about hot air rising doesn't matter in a closed system.... if you're forcing air through it... the hot air goes through it... up down left right doesn't fucking matter... that's why a lot of setups nowadays actually vent out at the bottom so the inside of the case doesn't become a giant dust trap....
>>
>>54641273
if you have hot exhaust going against a wall, or inside an enclosure, then the heat gets trapped there anyway, effectively ruining your cooling scheme
>>
>>54642079
It becomes a giant dust trap when the case starts sucking in air through the non filtered cracks due to negative pressure.

Negative pressure = dust
Positive pressure = no dust (if you have dust filters over the intakes).

In positive pressure, the cracks vent air instead of sucking air like in negative pressure
>>
>Not leaving every component outside
>His ambient temperature isn't cool like him
plebs
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.