[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Who here /forciblystoppedwindows10/ after it tried installing itself with no permission after months of clicking the X every time it came up?
>>
I just uninstalled all the botnet/GWX updates when they first appeared
>>
>>54640993
I didn't know :(
Had to get a program called Never10 to stop it because I couldn't figure out how and it was 10 minutes from forcing itself upon me, apparently there was a fuck load of win10 files all over
>>
Does never10 work? I'm relatively inexperienced with computers and t b h it looks like some really shitty adware.
>>
>>54641026
I got it and it did the job, it stopped the windows 10 before the timer ran out and now requires me to actually consent to the update should I want it

whether or not it has ulterior motives i've no idea
>>
>>54641052
Well I'm going to try it, thanks. I'd rather have a some adware then Windows 10 in all honesty.
>>
>>54640973
If you're even seeing the prompts, you're doing it wrong you dumbass.
>>
File: Untitled (7).png (207 KB, 1280x1410) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (7).png
207 KB, 1280x1410
>>54640973
Not me
>>
>need to install shady third party programs just to use the OS that you legitimately purchased
MS made a decent OS and in the end they found a way to fuck it up

How much you guys want to bet that right before the free upgrade period ends, MS will extend it? It'll be big press for them and thus free advertising, and more people will say "fuck yeah let's do it!". I find it hard to believe that MS will simply stop pushing Windows 10 after July 29th.
>>
>>54640993
I have uninstalled them 10 times now. They keep comming back.
>>
Killed it after a week and put updates on hold. Mostly moved on to Linux now anyway.
>>
>>54641141
Just google the ten or so updates you have to kick out instead of infesting your Windows with another useless shit
>>
>>54640973
i just did a tech support call where a small business had all their computers automatically update to windows 10, it killed one of their ssds lol they were so pissed
>>
File: windumbs.png (72 KB, 798x558) Image search: [Google]
windumbs.png
72 KB, 798x558
wew
>>
>>54640973
Never gotten a message to upgrade ;_;
>>
>>54640973
>there are people on /g/ who don't just automatically know how to make this go away permanantly.

Fucking end yourselves.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.