[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So today I'm chilling in my IT class, and some kid starts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: lolwat.jpg (19 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
lolwat.jpg
19 KB, 575x323
So today I'm chilling in my IT class, and some kid starts talking about Bitcoin. My teacher hops into the conversation and says "I never want to see you mining Bitcoin. Do you know where the money comes from? You're mining stolen data and passwords to bank accounts. You're decrypting the data. It's illegal, you never know where the data is coming from." I was confused by this, and after a couple Google searches I didn't see anything supporting his claim. So /g/, is my teacher bullshitting, or is he legit?
>>
>>54640656
He;s completely full of shit
>>
Your teacher is a teacher
>>
The truth is, nobody knows exactly where the data is coming from, your computer is just mindlessly bruteforcing hashes until it finds a match and that forms the next part of the blockchain.
Who knows, you might be contributing to breaking AES-256.
>>
It's an NSA botnet designed to crack encryption so your teacher is kinda right.
>>
File: 8DGZlyV.jpg (60 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
8DGZlyV.jpg
60 KB, 720x960
kek, sounds pretty good senpai.
>>
It's the biggest bug bounty on the planet, for SHA-256
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.