[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: Microsoft HoloLens RGB.png (722 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft HoloLens RGB.png
722 KB, 1200x675
thoughts?
>>
I'd im not a big fanboy but it seems cool to be honest.

The device itself looks whacky though. I know its not really a consumer model.

It would seem cool to use if there's proper support for it.
>>
>>54635891
From what I've read, everything save for the FoV and weight are great, and even then those issues aren't that big. I wouldn't consider buying one for myself until there's a decent content library and some competition established, but if you're a developer who can afford it you should pick it up.
>>
>>54636452
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dau506VZyz4

the virtual desktop stuff seems pretty cool if you could take it anywhere in the house to more comfortable places. I hope on the consumer models that battery lasts long and looks better than this one.
>>
>>54635891
the fov is way too small to be useable. its also too expensive. Maybe in 20 years it will be good enough and cheap enough for people to support it. I'm not convinced AR is going to beat VR though.
>>
>>54636605
Good AR is going to be an industry orders of magnitude larger than VR, since it provides a whole new way of interacting with the digital world in every industry and daily life and depricates smartphones, TVs, and monitors. VR is limited by comparison since you're closed off from the outside world for the most part and you really aren't using it outside of home entertainment or business applications. Give Rainbows End a read if you're interested in knowing more.
>>
like 1000 times better than VR bullshit
>>
>>54636747
>Rainbows End
second that read.

If you're an animooer, give Dennou Coil a go. I really enjoyed their representation of AR, despite all the wackiness.
>>
>>54636977
It's a completely different experience than VR, you can't really compare the two.
One is virtual reality
The other is augmented reality

Idiot.
>>
File: qcWlBc6.jpg (230 KB, 1920x1072) Image search: [Google]
qcWlBc6.jpg
230 KB, 1920x1072
>>54635891

Legitimately the next step towards the future. I seriously want to get my hands on one. I have so many ideas for day to day AR, I just want to make stuff for it.

AR IS the future.

Picture, fucking related.
>>
>>54635891
how is that Vive and Rift still need an external tracking device when MS can do flawless inside-out positional tracking since last year? why can't the GearVR do the same shit?
>>
>>54638506

You can compare the two. Cheese is 1000 better than opera.

I was fucking disgusted that google decided to go deeper into VR at IO
>>
>>54638538
>>54638286
>Dennou Coil
Good taste in this thread.

>>54638542
Hololens has custom hardware dedicated to handling high quality inside out tracking, which Samsung phones lack. Even with that hardware boost, the tracking quality isn't high enough to be used for VR because you'd run into motion sickness issues with any tracking imperfections.
>>
File: GNFOS_poster[1].jpg (15 KB, 250x419) Image search: [Google]
GNFOS_poster[1].jpg
15 KB, 250x419
>>
File: 1445195849251.gif (490 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
1445195849251.gif
490 KB, 500x213
>>54635891
This type of computer will one day be the standard, it will change everything, augmented reality is the way of the future.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.