[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i have a question about upload mind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 443.jpg (34 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
443.jpg
34 KB, 580x435
If it is possible to upload mind, there are two me. A is original me.B is uploaded me.
the problem is B is now AI and A still alive or dead (because i don't want two me.only one.)
then A, I'm dead. B is gone.

Is it possible my(A) conscious move to B?
>>
No, conciousness isn't really "real" in the sense that it's seperate from "memory". Your mind consists of everything you've experienced in the past which allows you to make decisions in the present. By copying your "mind" the new mind would be something completely seperate, it would have its own "conscious" and develope new memeries as it is now a new being. You wouldn't have any more control over it than you would with any other person.
>>
>>54630227
Exactly my thoughts
>>
>>54630227
>developing new memeries
:-^}
>>
>>54630227
what if nanomachines replaced your brain piece by piece until fully replaced, and conciseness is never lost? (ignoring sleeping)
>>
>>54631537
I always wondered about this too, if we ever develop the technology to replace individual neurons with nanobots we'll need an answer. It's not quite the same but all the cells in our body do already get replaced on a regular basis so.
>>
>>54631537
Well using the logic of my original reply; assuming that they store the exact same information with the parts they're swapping than literally nothing about you would change other than what you're physically made of. You would still operate as if there was no change at all.
>>
>>54631824
(cont.) If they didn't copy over every memory/stored information than it'd have the effects of losing memory (like amnesia). Your peraonality is only unique because only you have the combination of memories that make you react to the present the way you do.
>>
>>54630068
It is not, will never be
also never possible to create self-aware AI - get over it.
>>
A brain cell is of few microns in dimension and ha 10k - in some cases ( indeed rarer ) 20k connections...

I don't think even in wildest fantasies humans will be able to make synthetic processors like - so small, so capable.

Not even brain emulation will ever be possible.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.