[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that even Linus knows that C++ is a terrible language.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Daily reminder that even Linus knows that C++ is a terrible language.
Why are you still using C++?
>>
When was the article written?
>>
>>54630398
This thread has appeared multiple times over the course of 5 years.
>>
>>54629236
>learn git in 20 minutes
>>
>>54629236
I don't quite understand why he doesn't like C++, I only saw "muh C is the only sane choice" and "C++ generates bad code and C++ devs are bad".
>>
>>54629236
>implying he's not just a glorified middle manager these days
>implying his technical efforts are the reason linux is a success
>implying he's not just some above-average-at-best faggot who got lucky because he was doing the right thing at the right time and got in touch with the right people
>>
>Implying Linux know anything besides low-level stuff
>Implying he actually tried to learn C++ and not just repeated memes
And then again, his personal project - Subsurface, https://github.com/torvalds/subsurface - is mostly written in C++.
>>
C++ is just huge and they keep adding more and more stuff into it. But hey you are not forced to use them :^)

Pay for what you use. But what about the cost of learning something just to discover it's nothing more but an abstraction that at best produces the same assembly as the old way of doing the same thing.

Then there is the modern c++ crowd. Not using the latest standard? Not modern, bad!
>>
he should just go back to making tech tips videos instead of arguing about programming languages
>>
>>54631146
>Mostly
>>
>>54629236
>learn useless garbage that will keep you jobless and NEET so you can spend time working for free debugging shitty timesink OS for betterment of community
I wonder why?
>>
>>54629236
Jesus christ what a cyst of autism that site is
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.