[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does coding make you happy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1463552790564.jpg (21 KB, 236x339) Image search: [Google]
1463552790564.jpg
21 KB, 236x339
does coding make you happy?
>>
>>54611475
>coding
Programming does bring a certain satisfaction.
>>
No, it's just a way to separate myself temporarily from the real world. When people interrupt my coding, I always feel depressed.
>>
>>54611475
only when my program is correct.
>>
Yes

But debugging makes me realise how dumb I actually am
>>
It's not about the coding itself. It's about creating original stuff and solutions. Programming fizzbuzz's and shit like that is boring as fuck.
>>
File: 1435860805572.jpg (195 KB, 999x1024) Image search: [Google]
1435860805572.jpg
195 KB, 999x1024
Stopped a long time ago.

When you delve too deep into anything too shallow, it loses its magic, and incidentally you hit the bottom. Kinda like a magic trick being exposed. Or a woman without make up. All computer technology just isn't deep enough.

Plus the little fun there could be in it is ruined by normies, we could have super awesome computers that run like a charm, but instead we have to use all the combined computing power of 1995 to run a javascript sandbox so that we can send each other 140 byte long messages on Twitter.

Modern tech jobs essentially consist of reinventing the wheel every day, and then trying to build a car with parts that don't fit together because no one ever cared to make them fit, and wonder why it won't move forward with its brand new square wheels made in node.js.

We could have basic AI with voice recognition already that could solve 99% of our problem without even looking at a screen, but no, let's make throwing buckets of water at each other on the internet the apex of human progress.
>>
>>54611475

Codings brings money.
Money makes happy.

So yes.
>>
no but the resulting programs make me very happy especially when they work exactly as planned
>>
>>54611548
Well, it's the result of capitalism. There hasn't been a better way for humans to live in the past, so it's still unsolved how we can move past it.

Communism doesn't really work, but capitalism creates a lot of redundant things.

Man, there are tons of things humans have to fix before we care about utilising technology to its fullest, unfortunately.
>>
>>54611475
No
I am impatient and it basically makes me wanna kill myself whenever I need to look up something new
>>
>>54611475
Gayest OP image ever btw
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.