[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Dell 2407WFPb fried in a power surge. No big, I pull it open
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: bare assed.jpg (482 KB, 1600x736) Image search: [Google]
bare assed.jpg
482 KB, 1600x736
My Dell 2407WFPb fried in a power surge. No big, I pull it open look at the boards and it's obviously the main board. About 50% of the capacitors popped.

Problem is the connector from the board to the LCD (?) is not a ribbon cable but just fucking loose wires and the insulation on all the wires is completely powdered. Basically touching them makes the entire insulation case snow onto the board. The wires are mostly bare now.

So my eBay replacement board is pictured as coming with a set of these wires, but what I'm wondering is how common is this and is there any way I can protect from this happening to the new (used) set? Should I be worried about the used wires falling apart before I get them installed and secured?
>>
>>54609917
enjoying that shit power grid you have in america OP?
>>
>>54609965
You're welcome for us inventing electricity.

110v is superior anyway.
>>
>>54610023
>inventing electricity

Nope, electricity has been used for over 2500 years
>>
>>54610136
next you'll claim we didn't invent democracy.

can we get back to the fucking topic?
>>
>>54610169
>can we get back to the fucking topic?
>>54609917
>is there any way I can protect from this happening to the new (used) set?

Get a surge protector to plug your electronics into and use a grounded outlet, that will prevent it from happening again.
>>
>>54609917
It's a shit monitor anyway. Get a better one, and also do what >>54610223 said and get a surge protector
>>
File: momentum.png (7 KB, 423x136) Image search: [Google]
momentum.png
7 KB, 423x136
>>54609917

>>54610223
>>54610253
these guys are right but make sure you get a good one like:

http://www.amazon.com/APC-P11VT3-Performance-SurgeArrest-Protection/dp/B0012YLTR6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463549384&sr=8-1&keywords=p11vt3

instead of just getting a $10 one from ebay
>>
>>54610293
I'd just get a battery backup. UPS's have the best surge protection anyway.
>>
>>54610361
Just keep the unit in the other room, or else your legs will form tumors.
>>
>>54610293
>>54610223
>falling for the standalone surge protector meme
>>
>>54610023
>inventing electricity
>invent
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.