[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
there's going to be a school opening up in the Valley d
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (473 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
image.png
473 KB, 728x409
there's going to be a school opening up in the Valley designed to teach students how to code. would going to a place like this replace college or a traditional computer science degree?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OKfktv3k-0
>>
>>54603514
>codemonkey academy
>>
>>54603514

Futuristic looking building, but what the fuck is the point? Can't you just take online classes?

Same goes for all colleges, i don't understand why everything isn't online now.
>>
>>54603696
Because some people like human interaction past a screen.
>>
>>54603514
>teach people how to "code"
Stopped right there.
>>
>>54603514
What Valley? The Valley of the Dolls?
>>
>>54603756
What's the difference between coding and programming.
>>
>>54603514
*code monkey slaving center
ftfy
>>
I'm a 42 student at the Paris campus.

Ask me anything.
>>
>>54603696
>>54603714
Sadly, because the executives and managers like to feel "in control"

Funny how people are still the same hierarchical primate, even when we have godlike technology. SV is no different.
>>
>>54603514
>people will pay us to code for us
fucking genius.
>>
>>54603912
The same as the difference between using a clean, hygienic western bathroom and shitting in the street.
>>
I currently study at the french one I can say it's bretty gud.
At least compared to what we have available.

And also it's completely free.
>>
>>54605764
why did this fag niel put his free school in a town where rents are so fucking high and correlate poopskins rates
>>
>>54606392
I wish I knew, but that's probably because Paris is somewhat in the "middle" of France, it's not too far from the north, which is notably whiter than the south, so it would encourage people from everywhere in France to come.

There are some that can't afford the rent in Paris, and just come once every few months to turn in their projects, though, but I think it's against what the school is all about.

Maybe the rent is cheaper near the Sillicon Valley ? I have no idea, we were told that to go there we just need a visa.

I'm hesitating a lot about coming to the US because of all the fucking SJW, there are even a few commenting on OP's video, like wtf. And there are even a few on our intra forum that spew SJW bullshit and shaming whenever they can.
>>
>>54606503
>which is notably whiter than the south
périgueux is whiter than bordeaux that's whiter than lille
>and just come once every few months to turn in their projects
is that possible ?
>Maybe the rent is cheaper near the Sillicon Valley ?
lel no it's not
>>
>>54606551
>périgueux
>100k inhabitants

How is your little exemple relevant?

>is that possible ?
Yes but not recommended, as it doesn't play well with the system.

When you turn in your project, you need to get it reviewed by your peers, each review costs a point that you can gain back only by reviewing yourself other's project.

Also you'll, in general, progress notably slower than someone that goes to school everyday instead of working from home.

I just remembered they unveiled plan to build small appartements for its students in paris with a low rent before 2019.
Maybe they'll do the same thing at the SV.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.