[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, to be blunt with you mates I don't know shit about programming.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: arduino.png (86 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
arduino.png
86 KB, 400x400
So, to be blunt with you mates I don't know shit about programming. Though, my son loves programming. He is currently working with something called "Arduino".
>inb4 feel free to correct me if wrong
So, I'm here to ask if anyone can give me code to help him get started.
>Does anyone know how to make the robot go forward turn right, then stop at a certain point?
>inb4 I may ask many questions, but won't bother you too much.
Thanks, anons.
>pic pretty related
>>
Hello daddy. With Arduino you can make all kinds of gadgets. It's basically just a piece in the puzzle of the project your son is making. Without knowing more about his project there's nothing we could say that would help.
>>
>>54601739
>So, I'm here to ask if anyone can give me code to help him get started.
Buy him a book , a good book and let him learn his own way.
Just give him good sources of information don't spoonfeed him.
>>
>>54601810
What this fag said. Also including his age would've been helpful, is he a toddler or a manchild like most of us here?
Good luck bonding with your wife's son :^)
>>
I worked with Automation in high-school in my country, and I think we had somethimg named NPN sensors. They give out voltage depending on promixity of objects/ things (such as a regular human hand or a chair)

You could connect a motor that spins some wheels for movement of the robot. Connect the sensor to one of the GPIO's.

Something like this would have needed to be coded:

pinWheel = 8 (pin that goes to the wheel)
pinSensor = 8 (pin that goes to the sensor)
while(true) //True is always true, meaning an infinite loop
{
if (pinSensor == HIGH)
pinWheel = HIGH; // == compares values, = sets values)
else
pinWheel = LOW
}

On my phone atm, stressful to write shit. If youre interested I can post some of my projects to give you a general idea.
>>
>>54601739
You really don't know the purpose of greentext, do you?

Also buy a beginner's book on Arduino and leave him to it. I'm getting started on Arduino soon.
>>
>>54601739

Just buy the "arduino cookbook", it's not expensive and has plenty of good stuff for your wife's son.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.