[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a php dev. My company wants me to use the gmail api
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: nightmare vision.jpg (40 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
nightmare vision.jpg
40 KB, 722x349
I'm a php dev.

My company wants me to use the gmail api to make a script that updates everyone's signature every x mins.

I have a service account.

I cannot for the life of me figure this out... I've tried reading the shitty online documentation ut none of it works or it's deprecated / the instructions don't matchs whats really available.

PLs sum1 help. Leave a Bitcoin if you do give any helpful suggestions or how tos.
>>
>>54593747

I'm also a PHP dev. Was my first language, and it's what I'm the most masterful at.

It's however, time to come to terms with the fact that PHP is no longer relevant for today's needs. I will pick up something like Python, or maybe learn the MEAN stack.

It's sad, but PHP is at it's end.
>>
I don't know what service account is.
If Google has API for changing signature use that.
If it has not, use your "service" account to log in to Google and change that shit manually using GET/POST requests.
You should probably use Python with Requests module
>>
File: 1325051143845.jpg (69 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1325051143845.jpg
69 KB, 540x540
>>54593760
Thanks for the reply. But I think it's still got a lot of life, not that it should, but it does because business changes infrastructure very slowly. I too am learning the MEAN stack. Mostly just like Nodejs for it tho, mongo's eh idm mysql.
>>
File: SMASHING.gif (649 KB, 398x262) Image search: [Google]
SMASHING.gif
649 KB, 398x262
>>54593780
The service account is the admin acocunt that reigns over all the others.

Changing that shit manually is not an option. peoples phone numbers and departments change so often..it needs to update every few mins from a template like {name} working for X number: {number}
>>
>>54593760
>i'm the most masterful at

How about you learn some english first you dumb immigrant?
>>
File: 1317363455154.jpg (34 KB, 383x500) Image search: [Google]
1317363455154.jpg
34 KB, 383x500
.04 BITCOIN == ~$20AUD PLS SOLUTION.
>>
If PHP is dying then why is it still being taught?
>>
https://developers.google.com/admin-sdk/email-settings/#java
>>
lol wow

your ass should be fired
>>
File: 1450883301802.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450883301802.jpg
139 KB, 1280x720
>>
A friendly reminder that while PHP is, in fact, a shit language, if you're looking to get work done (as opposed to kode with Karlie), it's still a better choice than Python. It has proper type hinting, proper encapsulation, non-ridiculous variable scoping, real multithreading (via pthreads) without global interpreter lock, and runs circles around Python in terms of performance.
>>
>>54593747

Where exactly is your problem?!?

Can't start the process or can't acces the google api?

It took me exactly 1 minute to find serveral tutorials just by searching for "google gmail api php"..

>https://developers.google.com/gmail/api/quickstart/php

Jeez..
>>
>>54594278

The Jews are behind that
>>
File: 1443547152913.jpg (20 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1443547152913.jpg
20 KB, 258x245
>PHP
>>
>>54594669
Python can multi-thread, can't it?
>>
>>54594937
CPython is not thread-safe, so it has global interpreter lock (GIL) preventing multiple threads to utilize multiple CPU cores.

> inb4 Jython / IronPython
They don't have GIL but they're still implementations of a meme language.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.