[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welp guys ive got quite a problem External Hardrive wouldnt start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Welp guys ive got quite a problem External Hardrive wouldnt start after several attempts and connecting it to various computers
Took apart the enclosure and connected it internally
After a long boot session none of the files where showing but the hardrive showed that it had 660 of 930 gb on it
checked if hidden files was off, it was on
now im looking into data recovery any suggestions?
perferably free or perhaps one of you guys has a solution to being able to see the data
>>
>>54590725
so just to be clear the HDD works but the data may be lost or corrupted; after checkign a few free data recovery services, the data may not be gone and it actually is for the most part there just cant access it(since im running trial versions of recovery software)
>>
>>54590725
sometimes I wonder how many of the 9gag pictures are bait and how many are just poor saps that don't know what they're doing
>>
>>54590767
poor sap here
>>
>>54590767
it was the only picture I had readily accessible
>>
>>54590725
Check the smart data, if healthy, try a data recovery program.
>>
>>54590725
Check for bad sectors using the SMART function.
>>
>>54591544
this looks promising
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.