[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get a macbook pro or an IBM memepad for college? Macbook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1444665594254.jpg (150 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1444665594254.jpg
150 KB, 900x900
Should I get a macbook pro or an IBM memepad for college?

Macbook is faster, lighter, and doesnt come packed with asian backdoors. Everybody uses a mac, so it will work better with everyone else, but the thinkpad is less then half the price, upgradable, and had that great keyboard. Not to mention the thinkpad is more open ended and can run win7 and any linux ditros i want.

Halp /g/
>>
>>54580032
Neither. Get a Dell Latitude or XPS
>>
How well do windows performs in ARM computers?
>>
>>54580112
Do this, but get from dell outlet. You can prob find refurb / scratch and dent for a big discount.

They also still come with a warranty
>>
Thinkpad.
If you get 8gb ram and a decent processor the thinkpad won't be any slower.
The fact that everyone else uses it doesn't mean you should, and it won't even "work better" with other macfags. All that will accomplish is you limiting what your laptop can do.
>>
>>54580032
What are you studying in college? If you only want it for basic office then go for what is cheaper
>>
If you want the mac qualities, but you're a budget get a XPS 13 refurbished. Keyboard probably sucks, though not more than a Macbook's.
>Everybody uses a mac, so it will work better with everyone else
I don't understand this, first of all Windows laptops are way more common than OS X. Second, why would anyone need to work on your laptop?
>>
>>54580302
Not OP but what about Computer Science.
>>
>>54580396
Thinkpad. Just make sure the resolution is not 1366
>>
>>54580032
Just make sure you have the inputs you want in a computer.
I was excited about my new macbook only to find that it doesn't have a disc input.
I like mac but they are fascists so idk
>>
>>54580032
IBM memepad
>>
OS X feels a lot like Linux but made for desktops and for real humans by real designers to use. I love Linux and I love OS X. I went from a thinkpad x220 running linux to an rmbp running osx and I'm very happy I did.

Also, the rmbp is competitively priced given the PCIe SSD, nice display, etc. Make sure you get your educational discount among other things if possible.
>>
>>54580032
>doesnt come packed with asian backdoors
What? Are you implying an old thinkpad is packed with Asian backdoors? Because if so, you're retarded
>Not to mention the thinkpad... can run win7 and any Linux distros I want
So can the mac you dumbfuck
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.