[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be 22 year old NEET kv >always interested in programming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 0642 - bm1jbc3.jpg (1 MB, 1669x1535) Image search: [Google]
0642 - bm1jbc3.jpg
1 MB, 1669x1535
>be 22 year old NEET kv
>always interested in programming and tech in general
>teach myself C, network programming, basic vector based graphics, and programming microcontrollers
>family noticed I am interested in tech
>enroll me in an "ethical hacking" course in local community college summer classes without asking
>go there, hope to learn about finding exploits and raw socket programming, and using assembly to inject memory based cool stuff in program and what not
>all they're teaching is using wireshark, nmap, and some IP scanner called angryipscanner

What the actual fuck? THIS is ethical hacking? I learned using nmap and wireshark way back when I was 18. This is a scam isn't it?
>>
Sans institute is what you are looking for.
>>
>>54573930
>local community college
this is the problem
>>
>>54574167
I was gonna get some extra courses at a cc during the summer and some of their required courses was literally just learning to use Windows
>>
Why not just go to college and get some information security degree?
>>
>>54573930
I'm sure you don't have a fucking clue how to use wireshark, fucking retard. Kill yourself.
>>
Read between the lines you fucking autist. Your parents are afraid they will feeding and boarding you until you're 30.
>>
>>54574481
We're rich, my parents tell me they don't have any problem if I don't get a job, they have enough money to feed me, but I should do something that interests me

>>54574362
Read the manual faggot, it's obvious as fuck
>>
>>54574481
>Read between the lines

That's not how it works. Reading between the lines does not mean imagining shit out of thin air and declaring it as fact.
>>
>>54573930
Ace the course &|| top your class. Don't make your family feel as though they don't understand you.

Printscreen their desktop and then hide their icons.
>>
Do well. Your parents are just trying to help.
>>
>>54573930
look up defcon vids on youtube
>>
What are some good langauges to learn over the summer? I might try to learn Java, C++, or C# and .Net.
>>
>>54575954
C++ and a scripting language like Python/Lisp/Ruby
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.