[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody have the S7 Edge? I don't know if I should get the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (419 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
419 KB, 1920x1080
Anybody have the S7 Edge? I don't know if I should get the Edge over the normal S7
>>
>>54569745
get the edge. I got all my apps on the edge and it makes my home screen clean as fuck. It's also great for the weather widget
>>
>>54569745
There's no real reason NOT to get the Edge.
>>
>>54569792
Now you really have to explain further
>>
>>54569745
Edge is a bullshit gimmick.

Want all your videos distorted by a bended screen?
Get the Edge.

But really, don't get a Samsung, the phone is complete shit. TouchWiz is probably the worst OEM skin that exists.
>>
/htc 10/
>>
>>54570008
Just get Nova launcher
>>
For the love of god get the edge, its so nice <3
>>
>>54570091
You still have to deal with touchwiz GUI, dumbass. You'd have to root it and OP probably isn't smart enough to do that if he comes to /g/ asking which Samsung to buy
>>
>>54570008
It really shows you've never used TouchWizz on MM. It's awesome.
>>
Get Nexus 6p and enjoy. I have it for 2 months and give it 10/10.
>>
>>54569792
there's no real reason to get the edge, more potential for breakage, stupid gimmick.
>>
>>54569745
Don't get the edge. It really is a gimmick. I have the S7 and its the perfect size if you want a regular phone, the edge feels like its approaching phablet. Plus if you break the screen the replacement cost is practically double because of the edge BS.
>>
the edge is prettier and i will turn more heads for some time. downside it costs $100 more

but i would rather get the regular s7
>>
>>54570401
You're not smart enough if you think you need to root it in order to use nova launcher... dumbass
>>
>>54570654
No SD card
No removeable battery
Shitty battery life even
No multiwindow
Chink tier build quality

Meme phone
>>
>>54571960
>I have 4g and my not often used stuff is on cloud storage.
>Why the fuck would I need to remove battery when I don't plan on buying another one.
>My battery takes 30 minutes to charge almost fully,
>Why do I really need multi-window on my fucking phone.
>The build quality is awesome, and feels expensive and solid.

Learned meme response from elitists
>>
>>54572201
>I'm ok with taking it up the ass
kek
>>
>>54571774
Touchwiz is more than the launcher. You see Samsung's disgusting UI every time you go into settings or look at the notification shade. You're the dumb one if you think you can get rid of that cancer without flashing a custom ROM. BTW you can't flash custom ROMs on any variant of the S7 and you can't even root the US version.

Nexus or bust. If you're going to buy a locked down device might as well get an iPhone.
>>
>>54572245
I am very pleased with what I got, not bloated android and latest updates the day they go live.
You are going to get everything I have now in a year maybe.
Cringe more.
>>
>>54569745
I wanted the flat S7 or an HTC 10 but just found the Edge on stock.

It's ok, I mean, the battery lasts a lot.
>>
>>54572379
>its ok

people said it was a great phone

now i dont know what to buy
>>
>>54572646
It's a great phone, could've just easily read the reviews instead of shitposting here
>>
If you can strike a deal, grab the Edge. I sniffed out a BOGO with a family member and we both got Edges. Otherwise, if you're just paying current market price alone, what the Edge is offering over the regular S7 probably isn't worth the extra $100. IMO, don't buy it for the curved edges, buy it for the bigger battery. I can get through a whole day of moderate/heavy use on a decent brightness and end up with ~40-50% left.
>>
>>54572255
>willingly buying a product without an SD card
Might as well just buy an iPhone desu senpai.
>>
>>54572646
It's one of the best flagships you can buy right now, on a technical level. I'd only go for something like a Nexus 6 if you really, desperately want a stock Android ROM or something. The SD support is a godsend, though, and I can hide most of what annoys me about TouchWiz. It's a matter of personal preference, so don't take my word for how annoying the ROM might be.
>>
>>54569745

get the edge it's A E S T H E T I C
>>
File: 213406.jpg (18 KB, 480x574) Image search: [Google]
213406.jpg
18 KB, 480x574
>>54571726
What heads are you turning when everyone else's is buried into their own phones?

Why would anyone give a single fucking shit you are carrying a mass produced commerically phone?

You wanna turn heads use a gun or a dragon dildo as a phone
>>
>>54570424
Marshmallow Touchwiz is legit the best OEM skin out there.
>>
>>54569745
Get the edge and download good lock apk. Its Samsung alt skin which is mostly pure android
>>
>touchwizz
>>
>>54570697

It does look kinda futuristic and edgy.
>>
>>54570424
>>54573183
That's a bit too much.
It is awesome in comparison to older versions. Now it's good.

OP, the only advantage the edge has over the regular s7 is aesthetics, and a slightly larger screen. But it's not as comfortable to use.
>>
Edge has much better battery life and additional functionality.
>>
>>54575646
>additional functionality
You meant additional memes, right?
>>
>>54570008
>>54570401
>muh stock android
hurr durr fucking retard
>>
>>54570401
>deal with touchwiz
It's actually good now

>have to root it
Now you're just being retarded.
>>
>>54570008
edge looks great with vids, bent screen gives it this nice popping effect. its reading thats the problem since the text can get distorted at the side
>>
>>54575809
>It's actually good now
No, it's fucking not.
Posted from S6
>>
>>54570008
>that edge
>>
>>54575856
What's wrong with it then?
Posted from device next to an s6
>>
>>54575809
>bought shitty touchjizz device
>unable to root

Fox and grapes

Also
>he feel for the edge screen gimmick
>>
>>54575856
H U R R
U
R
R
>>
>>54570008
Samsung struggled to fix sensitivity issue if you have palm grip you accidentally type sometimes or mess up. This made me so mad I went back on my iPhone 6s+
>>
>>54575876
>usually smooth, but slows down to a crawl randomly
>occasional huge battery drain out of nowhere, requires a restart
>retarded Samsung bloatware
>can't root
>slow updates (if you even get them, that is)
Should have kept my Nexus 5.
>>
>>54575877
Do even think before replying? You should start.

>unable to root
Maybe it is for computer illiterates such as yourself mate.

>>54575886
Great argument, reward yourself with a bullet to the mouth

>>54575956
I honestly don't have any of those issues. Battery is solid (given the battery capacity). I get security patches every night. And you can root, you just trigger knox.

Flash another firmware if you hate the bloat. Or just root it and remove what you don't need. Only thing you lose is Samsung pay.

Nexus 5 had much worse battery life.
>>
>>54576001
updates every month*
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.