[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BBS SOFTWARE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: olfeg.png (154 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
olfeg.png
154 KB, 1366x768
Anyone got a legit archive location for BBS software like Iniquity, Mystic, Teleguard, etc.. etc.. ?
I'm thinking about setting up an old skool telnet board for lulz

Also, if you can remember pic related you may just be a real old fag.
>>
Fuck off and kill yourself, retard.
>>
>>54569142
i bet you love wildcat
>>
>>54569102
just run synchronet.
>>
File: m2fig1.jpg (67 KB, 888x518) Image search: [Google]
m2fig1.jpg
67 KB, 888x518
no and anyone that does won't let you have it because they think you're ruining their secret club

>for lulz
no this is nostalgia circlejerking

>old fag
nobody cares

Here's some available BB software, even has BB in the name, phpbb3. But you'll say it isn't shitty enough so you can't get off to it because there isn't any "soul"
>>
>>54569142
spotted the edgy 13 yr old
>>
>>54569102
If you're so retarded that you cant google, you shouldn't be running a BBS. Or anything for that matter.

http://mysticbbs.com/downloads.html
>>
>>54569142
>>54570142
Jesus, did a sysop steal your online girlfriend?
>>
>>54570325
they paged the sysop for chat but he no answer...
>busy bangin their gurlz

their daily time limit just went down to 5 min
>>
>>54570325
bbs shits are the most hilarious of the 80s turds who always insist their decade is and forever will be the best because they are so fucking cartoonishly out of the technology loop that they don't even know what to compare it to. The creationists of nostalgiafags. All BBS threads are variations of calling everyone kid kid kid and why the old method of "communication" was better without ever having a single reason why
>>
>>54570142
Why is there a secret club mentality among BBS users?
>>
>implyign BBS probably wasn't rad when it was obviously the coolest thing ever
>>
>>54569102
Mystic is STILL maintained and updated frequently google moar

Synchronet is pretty good, i love their JS approach to doors, because now you have crossplatform doors

Daydream had a few boards made by the dudes from ACiD recently. But daydream is pretty fucky or at least some of the doors for it are and i may have caused issues on the boards a couple times being a complete retard on accident.

I kinda want to extend or re-make daydream or just my own BBS one day, may be a fun summer project

>>54570325
>be me, 1994
>doing internode chat with my babe
>suddenly chat breaks up
>disconnect and call her
>sure hope her parent's don't answer
>line busy
>tfw you find out later that Sysop broke in to chat and your gf now broke up with you
>seriously i can't wait for this fucking internet thing with gopher to just take you guys the fuck down
>>
>>54571654
>be everyone, 20 years ago
>Only remember the good parts as defense mechanism to keep self from going insane
>nostalgia is never bad for this reason
>enter in weird quantum phase wherein looking up history doesn't match up with my corrupted psuedo memories
>kids today just don't get it
>kid looks up history on how things were
>It doesn't match up with my shitty fake memories
>kids today etc.
Things Were So Much Better Then... Good Times... Kids Today...
>>
Here's a good read for all you clueless millenial youngin newfags:

http://textfiles.com/bbs/
>>
Here's a good read for all you stalwart loser neo-luddite ironic-anti-new-tech types:

news.google.com
>>
>>54571992
This coming from a guy that's probably using a clone of a 30 year old OS.
>>
>>54571992
Why did you even respond? Did people taking about BBS's upset you that much?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.