[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So ive come to the point where its necessary to get a smart phone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: whorewalking.jpg (107 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
whorewalking.jpg
107 KB, 540x810
So ive come to the point where its necessary to get a smart phone for work. Ive never needed one. Always just had a great PC. thats all ive needed, but now I need for for work apps and shit.

Heres the thing. If Im getting one I might as well get a good one.

I want android, I want amazing specs (memory etc) but I want a SMALL SCREEN,

I want the phone to be small. not going to be watching 4k movies on it streaming netflix and shit.

Is there even such a thing anymore? Anything new and android with a small display?

Google finds me nothing, just redirects me to websites to buy the latest flatscreen TV in your pocket phone.

Thanks /g/entleman
>>
z5c
>>
why do you think you need "amazing specs" ?
You test your application in a vm, and an app should not be using so many resources you need the top of the line device to run.
>>
>>54564675

oh shit thanks.

that looks good. thanks for quick reply
>>
>>54564662
>I want android, I want amazing specs (memory etc) but I want a SMALL SCREEN
You're fucked then. Either get an iPhone SE like everybody else or deal with the mess from Sony or rethink your size requirements.
>>
You want a Moto G/E or Nexus because you can replace the default carrier junk with your own AOSP built ROM.

Who gives a fuck about specs once you de-aids your phone they all run faster.
>>
>>54564751
>rethink your size requirements

nope

>iPhone SE

apple, never.

guess im going sony. but what do you mean by mess?
>>
>>54564662
what's with the sexy ladies you b8 fuckers?
>>
>>54564675
I cannot suggest more against the z5c.

You may think that you want a small screen now, but I guarantee you that will change the second you use a decently sized smartphone.

If you want to pull your hair out anytime you try typing then fine, do the z5c. But I'd really suggest, especially if you are going to be input heavy, that you use a flagship from really anybody else at this point. There's a reason that the compact android market is dead, and that's because no one in their right mind wants to go back to trying to use a sub 5 inch screen.
>>
>>54564675
this
>>
>>54564780
> have galaxy nexus
> so outdated i can't install gapps anymore
> can't log into google on ogyoutube or any other alternative

> phone de-aids
> does not "runs faster"

what now?

>inb4 buy new phone. i shouldn't have to. this should be enough for the next decade
>>
>>54564782
sony has been crumbling for years and their products are not as clean and pleasant to use as they used to be
>>
>>54564782
>what do you mean by mess?
Faulty hardware is frequent, dumb design decisions (flops, cheap plastic), overheating, even worse software (that eats tons of space) which is hit or miss but at least close to Android. Then there is also the matter of the glass breaking randomly.

With 4'6" and fat bezels it's not even that small. At least go with Z3C, it doesn't suffer from throttling as much and lasts longer too, while being bit smaller.
>>
>>54564896
>>54564896
>what now?

Buy a used 2014 model moto x.
>>
I made my first purchase last year.

Don't buy locked shit, don't buy windows phone.
If you want a good budget phone get the verizon moto e, it's comprable to the moto g with some insiginficant drawbacks like no camera flash.
Buy a walmart verizon prepaid moto e, they're like 30 dollars and go here to unlock: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e-2015/general/how-to-verizon-moto-e-2015-gsm-network-t3098953

This will get you into smartphones seamlessly, you won't invest much into it, and you'll have a 4G LTE(which is important) phone that is solidly built with good specs
>>
>>54565084
and by unlocked i mean any SIM will work with it it has GSM and cdma
>>
Nexus 5X. Through Project Fi, it's only $20/month (plus whatever the phone costs) if you don't use any cellular data.
>>
>>54564662
That's Kendall Jenner.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.