[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SATAe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: SATAe power final.png (24 KB, 471x211) Image search: [Google]
SATAe power final.png
24 KB, 471x211
Is SATAe really useful? Is it really worth it to splurge an extra 40$ with the same specifications with the SATAe being the only difference? Can I even fucking use the 16GB/s hardware today or even in the future?
>>
>>54559555
Where did you find a satae drive?
>>
>>54559555
SATAe is just a specification for having a PCIe-based drive without having it connected straight to the board.
Mostly just useful for servers, where you would want to swap drives in and out from the front. For a desktop, it's way easier to just stick a drive in an M.2 or normal PCIe slot.
>>
>>54561378
It's NOT used in servers, they use NVMe. It only uses a connector similar to SAS/Sata! This allows SAS or NVMe drivers in the same hotswap bay. There are M.2 to NVMe Adapters (PCIe part only) to connect SSDs with an internal NVMe cable.

With M.2 (consumer) and NVMe (server) SATAe is dead in the water and a waste of money.
>>
>>54563545
I think you're confused. NVMe is a protocol that runs over PCIe, so NVMe can run over a plain PCIe slot, M.2, SATAe, or that new SFF conector.
>>
>>54559555
E-sata it's pretty based on laptops that have it.
Also
>Checked.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.