[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best fan configuration for the CM 690 II I currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 692_White_Feature_600_02[1].jpg (52 KB, 600x272) Image search: [Google]
692_White_Feature_600_02[1].jpg
52 KB, 600x272
What is the best fan configuration for the CM 690 II

I currently have 2 fans at the top going out, the rear exhaust fan, front intake fan, 2 bottom intake fans, 2 intake fans on the door too. The processor fan is the standard for Intel Ivy Bridge..

That being said, my graphics card is running oddly hot. It's never really run this hot before and I'm kind of worried, I've even started lagging a lot inside my games.

Should I change my fans or replace the thermal paste on the graphics card? (it's about 3 years old)
>>
>>54551906
Remove dust.
>>
>>54551920
All the fans were recently installed and when I did this I thoroughly went through everything and removed the dust. I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.
>>
>>54551938
Could possibly be the thermal paste on the gpu then?

What GPU is it?
>>
>>54552000
GeForce GTX 770
I believe it's from EVGA
>>
>>54552055
EVGA stuff is usually pretty decent and long lasting I think.

Might be worth checking the GPU fan's performance first though, so open it up the side of your pc's case and see how the fans handle themselves during some highly intensive tasks.

So long as it's not above ~85 it's absolutely fine so you might not need to worry too much.
>>
>>54552134
(85 degrees celsius I should add, though 95C is also a good limit of sorts)
>>
>>54552134
I just installed Afterburner, I'm going to see if it does anything funky..

I'll report back if anything goes wrong..
>>
>bottom fan
How the fuck is a fan supposed to do anything when it's smooshed against the carpet?
>>
>>54553086
You put your computer on the carpet?
That's terrible. Tons of dust.

Temperatures were fine, 50C constantly under heavy stress, so I don't know why I'm lagging.
>>
Exhaust fans aren't removing hot air fast enough that the GPU is forced to reuse hot air to cold down.

Removing heat from a case is easier than trying to cool it down with tons of fans.
>>
>>54553180
50C and still lagging?

Odd. Try reinstalling your drivers, see if that works.
>>
>>54553086
That case has big ass feet that holds it above the floor.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.