[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dell Latitude
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_5657_1600_01.jpg (354 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5657_1600_01.jpg
354 KB, 1600x1200
What is /g/'s take on Dell Latitudes (old bulky ones of course, not the later-gen "muh minimalism" ones)?

I'm thinking of trading in my bulky desktop replacement HP laptop for one seeing as chinkpads have been "gentrified" by neckbearded collectorfags now.

If not, then what some other business-type laptops that are also good but not too jacked up in price?
>>
bump

No really, anyone use these? I wanna know if they're worth it because /g/ wiki doesn't have enough good info on them.

And can I still find reasonably priced chinkpads?
>>
>>54548802
latitude line sort of sucks, especially considering you can get old precision line for pretty cheap, and there are quite a few resellers of older precision so they'll also be more likely to work.

Also look into thinkpads.
>>
>>54550131
>Also look into thinkpads.

I just did, but I keep hearing about prices getting jacked up because of "muh collector's item". By the time I save up, I still won't be able to afford one.

Though I haven't heard about the Precision line. I'll look into that.
>>
Just get the most recent ones they are gud
>>
>>54550131
precisions are mobile workstations dumbass
>>
No point right now. I have an old Precision M4400 but even with the extended battery it still barely got 3 hours on WIndows or Linux. 16:10 1920x1200 screen was nice, as was the trackpoint, but the thing was large, heavy, hot, and loud. The M4400 was probably the best of its time but I more or less stopped using it a year ago. Was a great way to learn Linux though since I didn't give a fuck what I did to the computer.
>>
>>54548802
I have an E6510 and I like it a lot but its too massive to carry around. Also runs very hot. Doesn't overheat though. I plan to use it for a LAN party server at some point.
>>
>>54550206
the basic fleet laptops like the T420 won't be collector's items any time soon because there are businesses trying to sell off all their used ones after upgrading the employees. Some thinkpads like the W700ds or the X301 are expensive now because they were expensive and only popular for niche uses when new.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.