[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monitor artifact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Fuuuuugggggg.png (17 KB, 1610x900) Image search: [Google]
Fuuuuugggggg.png
17 KB, 1610x900
Does your monitor produce artifacts when you move the attached picture around with the zoom set at 100%?

>be me
>buy a $750 monitor
>it produces "grid-induced color distortion/streaking" artifacts
>FFFFuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>54547688
I get a weird aliasing effect when zooming in and out

t. mobile poster
>>
i'm using a W5000 firepro and i get a weird flicker when i scroll up and down
>>
>>54547688
When I have it at full resolution I get lines to the side of my screen where the pink is. I took a terminal window and put it where the lines are and the lines are still there, so it is something with how the display is showing it, not the OS or browser. That is odd. I am using a Dell 3007WFP. It reminds me of this:

http://thume.ca/screentunes/
>>
File: what to look for.jpg (415 KB, 1500x848) Image search: [Google]
what to look for.jpg
415 KB, 1500x848
>>54547688
>>
>>54548556
RMA it
a new monitor shouldnt do that at all
or try a different cable before you RMA it, could just be a wonky cable
>>
>>54548579
I don't think it is a problem with his screen. I think it must be a limitation of the standard being used to transmit the picture. It does that on mine too, just with that image, and I do not have any other issues.
>>
>>54548621
well you shouldn't be experiencing banding issues on a 700+ dollar new monitor regardless of standard issues.
RMA it under the notion of dissatisfaction with how the product performed under usage and they will be required to either reimburse you your purchase price or give you something of equal value if it is within the time you have to return it.
Honestly I go to the store and just return stuff if I'm not happy with how it performs or if it has flaws on it however minor
>smartphone has backlight bleeding
RMA
>white spots on screen
RMA
>not getting the performance stated on the packaging of a usb stick while copying a large file
RMA
If you have any issues with a product you just got just send them an e-mail with a picture right away instead of waiting, if it's within the stated period they will send you a new one and you can send the old one back or you get your money back and pick a different monitor that hopefully wont have the same issues.
source: a guy that has worked a numerous support places over the years and knows these places in and out.
>>
>>54548716
>>54548621
woops sorry i thought you were the OP in the message i posted
My bad
>>
>>54548716
I don't think it is a defect. It is a problem with how the controller on the monitor is interpreting the image, so it would probably happen on any monitor of that model.

It happens on my display too, and it is perfectly fine.
>>
>>54547749
Pentile Note 3 here, same. Looks like a grid that quickly zooms in and just as quickly zooms out.
>>
>>54547688
>Does your monitor produce artifacts when you move the attached picture around with the zoom set at 100%?
Nope
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.