[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>we already have ini files that can store settings for every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
>we already have ini files that can store settings for every application and they are easy to carry over
>so let's get rid of that and make all application settings ingrained in a huge database

BRAVO MICROSOFT
>>
Why don't they just get rid of it?
>>
>>54543415
It's like they're on a mission to reinvent computing in the most potato way possible
and somehow they still have a monopoly on the industry
>>
>>54543415
Even they'd like to get rid of that - they've just reached the point where they don't know how the fuck does this work anymore. Modern Windows is caring to much obsolete code from the fucking dos times. Fixing all this shit would require complete overhaul like Apple did with 10.7 and that would eventually lead to irresolvable compatibility issues, that's like making everything from the scratch.
>>
>>54543405
I, too, just watched the latest Linus Tech Tips Techquickie video wherein he explains what theregistry database is. I sure love Linus for teachingall of us how to computer :D
>>
>>54543405
Ever since the release of windows 8 it has been apparent that Microsoft is being ran by mentally ill people.
>>
>>54543405
But anon, you gotta make sure the normies aren't to change crucial things in their .ini files by mistake, and then cry because their plastic toy doesn't work.
>>
>>54543529
Nice blog. BENIS :DD
>>
>>54543529
>LinusCuckTips
How can you bear that Candian cumstain's high pitched voice?
>>
File: usingWindows8.jpg (135 KB, 547x768) Image search: [Google]
usingWindows8.jpg
135 KB, 547x768
>>54543989
>>
There is objectively nothing wrong with windows registry.
People bashing Microsoft's engineering are just hipsters trying to be different
You know it ,I know it ,your mom knows it.
>>
>>54543488
>dos
>modern windows
>windows nt
>>
>>54543405
>mfw systemd is moving towards a single file binary config
BRAVO LINUX
>>
>>54543488
>Windows is caring to much obsolete code from the fucking dos times.

Uh not really my man
>>
>>54544226
systemd is your friend

not mine

I USE OPENRC YOU OBNOXIOUS KIKE
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.