[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/52119 /nintendo-nx-powered-nvi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/52119/nintendo-nx-powered-nvidia-tegra-processor-amd-chip/index.html

>Nintendo is working with NVIDIA and will use a Pascal-based Tegra chip inside of their next-gen Nintendo NX console.

IT'S HAPPENING

IT'S OVER, AMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
even generic laptops with midrange gpu's have better performance than nvidia tegra

amd's finished? more like nintendo is finished
another underpowered machine means their end
>>
>>54540650
AMD chips used in next-gen consoles
nVidia chip used in nintendo's newest last-gen console foisted off as next-gen
>>
>SA has heard that Nvidia are promising software, support, and the whole shebang at a very low cost. According to one source, Nvidia may even be taking a loss on this deal.
>>
File: 5k confirmed.jpg (135 KB, 2320x1229) Image search: [Google]
5k confirmed.jpg
135 KB, 2320x1229
Daily reminder that only the NX will support 5k resolution output.
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 205x246
>>54540650
>Tegra
Jesus Christ not again, i fell for the zune hd with tegra meme. Never again, God those chips are shit.
>>
>>54540723
output means jack

i love how everyone brags about smash running 1080p 60
but the graphics are literally ps2 tier
>>
> Nintendo
> Relevance to anyone over the age of 11

Pick 1.
>>
>>54540723
There's no DisplayPort on consoles

Max output is 4K 4096 x 2160 60Hz because HDMI 2.0b support in Pascal GPUs
>>
>>54540744

The games are pretty much perfect regardless of graphics
>>
File: 1440618910135.jpg (123 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
1440618910135.jpg
123 KB, 460x460
>It's a handheld
>>
File: _20160514_190559.jpg (164 KB, 855x765) Image search: [Google]
_20160514_190559.jpg
164 KB, 855x765
>>54540650
>implying Nintendo cares about gpu performance and won't just be pushing another series of Mario games with horribly cut down graphics

Nintendo never cared about performance and never will, you're a fucking retard op.
>>
>>54540738
>the graphics are literally ps2 tier

BULLSHIT
>>
>>54540650
>makes claims without naming sources
>claims source is "totally and completely reputable"
Yeah, and pigs will fly.
Nintendo has been riding the AMD dick longer than anyone, and if anyone would keep riding it, it's Nintendo.
>>
Fuck off back to /v/.
>>
>>54540650
Absolute horse shit. Tegra isn't suitable for powering a console.

>We should expect a full reveal at E3 2016 in June

Except Nintendo have already confirmed that they won't be revealing the NX at E3. In fact, they're barely going to have a presence there at all, with Zelda being the only game shown.

Great article.

>>54540787
At the very least the NX will be more powerful than the Wii U, since it's receiving an enhanced port of the new Zelda. Literally every other source on the internet has claimed that it'll be close to the Xbone/PS4 in terms of performance.
>>
S|A article behind the paywall claims its AMD hardware

>>54540825
Anything more powerful than the laughable joke shit WiiU is suitable for a console.
>>
File: 1308733682192.jpg (46 KB, 400x458) Image search: [Google]
1308733682192.jpg
46 KB, 400x458
Oh, i thought i was on /g/ for a moment, but it turns out this thread is on /v/.
>>
Console is going to have ARM chip, the Tegra is for the controller that will come with the console, will cost $300 to replace and will have 1 hour of battery.
>>
>>54540650
Thats actually really neato

coolbeans good for you Nintendohs
>>
>>54540825
No way it'll be as powerful as a ps4.
>>
File: 1309598035163.gif (856 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1309598035163.gif
856 KB, 320x240
Fuck off back to >>>/v/ with your console toys.
One moment you are jerking about gaymer graphics, and the next moment graphics is irrelevant compared to gameplay.
You dumbfaggots don't even know a single thing about the gaymer hardware toys themselves that you are shitposting on /g/.
You dumb gaymer manchildren are the source of at least 50 points in the average IQ drop on /g/.
>>
File: Interesting_Flavor.jpg (103 KB, 650x1073) Image search: [Google]
Interesting_Flavor.jpg
103 KB, 650x1073
>>54540650
HANDHELD VERSION
A
N N
D D
H H
E E
L L
D D

V V
E E
R R
S S
I I
O O
N N
>>
>>54540650
Surprise, Nintendo ALWAYS chooses a weak, cheaper chip that is at least one generation behind the current generation. So OF COURSE they chose an nVidia chip. If they wanted a powerful console they would've followed Sony and Microsoft's lead, and used AMD.
>>
>>54541053
Pascal is generations ahead of AMD's power inefficient JUNK
>>
>>54541053
You mean if they wanted a console whose hardware has to be underclocked due to shitty console toy format that overheats like a furnace.

Sony and Microsoft taking on graphics makes sense, because they don't produce games. They produce interactive movies. Those shitty console controllers are holding back too many genres in terms of gameplay, even a 20 year old title like TIE Fighter, which is an average standard Space Combat game, is too much for these consoles even today. Even games like Mount&Blade Warband are too much for that shit.

Nintendo at least knows who it is appealing to:
1. Children that are born every day to whom the gameplay is "new", as gaming is "new".
2. Family friendly environments where nobody gives a shit about graphics as much as they do about art direction and puzzle-like or similar gameplay that is also friendly.

Also, graphics is irrelevant, precisely due to the fact that Sony and Microsoft are forcing it up to cover up for the fact that games are no longer games in the console industry, they are shitty copy pasta that are comatose in terms of gameplay.
At least Nintendo doesn't act like it isn't so, but they have their own problem as a company with all the Geo-blocking idiocy and the DMCA cancer.

Now, you can go back to /v/ and spread your mental retardation there. You gaymerfags are the cancer killing what little intelligence /g/ has left, as apparent from your dumb post.
>>
>>54541135
Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive. It would give Nintendo a much bigger user base to sell their own games to, if their console also had the newest AAA games.

What Nintendo should have done is make a proper console that also plays Mario. Not a console that only plays Mario.
>>
>>54541227
>newest AAA games
You mean newest AAA movies.
Don't call a generic shitty complete copy paste of games we have played 2 gens before since the console controller input is basically the fucking same, as "games". Especially now that they have more cinematics and auto-animation than they do actual interaction and gameplay.
>>
>>54540945
Oh yeah, because that's such a high bar and all. It's be staggering if it wasn't AT LEAST as powerful as the current PS4, given that's now over two and a half years old (and still has less than five games worth playing).

>>54541053
>Nintendo ALWAYS chooses a weak, cheaper chip that is at least one generation behind the current generation

But the Wii U is already one generation behind. If they were happy with that, they'd have no reason to be ditching it so soon.

>>54541247
>You mean newest AAA movies

Haha, epic!!!! xD
>>
>>54541255
>Haha, epic!!!! xD
You can be sarcastic all you want. It's a truth that is more pitiful than funny.
Yet dumbfucks like yourself completely evade why the Newspress introduction of the consoles was in both cases wholesomely focused on graphics and nothing else.

That you don't even realize Sony used to actually support game developers with staff and coding help and even subsidy during the PS1 era,
or that Microsoft did the same on PC following the Windows GUI development, speaks highly by itself.
The fact that really proves how retarded you gaymers are, as are your cancerous brains, is when Sony followed Microsoft's steps in abandoning free online, and not one of you uttered a word whereas the same difference in the console policy was a source of jeering towards Microsoft a gen back.

Ergo, fuck off back to /v/.
>>
I haven't played many games recently, I haven't kept up with mainstream gaming at all the past 6 years because it just doesn't appeal to me any more.
What I look for in a game is not good graphics or a good story, I want the game to surprise me with lots of intricacies going on under the hood that aren't immediately visible.
I dunno, I probably sound a like a hipster or a snob when I say that, maybe I'm just growing out of it.

Anyway, Nintendo doesn't really surprise me with this, they always stuck with older tech, "Lateral Thinking with Withered Technology" has been their motto for a while now.
>>
Oh right, consoles still exist
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.