[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
INNOVATION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 17
Apple have ditched the lousy 3.5mm jack in the iPhone 7. How can Android even compete?
>>
>>54537304
Does it have wireless charging at a distance? No, then no upgrade for me.
>>
> Ditch the headphone jack
> Don't even bother placing stereo speakers in the remaining space
This is so post-jobs croaking apple I might just believe you anonymous
>>
Tell is more
>>
So how in The hell am i supposed to listen to music?
>>
File: datboi.gif (1001 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
datboi.gif
1001 KB, 640x480
>>54537363
>He doesn't own a bluetooth Mobile gamer headset
>>
>>54537334
>does it work with cancer broadcast machines

>No? Then I won't buy it.
>>
>>
>>54537363
Buy a proper phone
>>
>>54537398
What apples does others follow
>>
>>54537410
Not anymore
>>
File: 1461704342499.jpg (254 KB, 835x899) Image search: [Google]
1461704342499.jpg
254 KB, 835x899
>>54537304
PAJEET MY SON
>>
>>54537334
>>54537383
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AFJeaYojhU

This is what it will take for me to upgrade my iPhone 6S plus.
>>
>>54537382
Pm and how am i supposed to listen to music for more than 4 hours?
>>
>>54537304
>Capacity 234.5GB
A 250GB iPhone? Brilliant.
Get yours today only $1299
>>
File: 1458082945738.jpg (50 KB, 600x454) Image search: [Google]
1458082945738.jpg
50 KB, 600x454
>>
>>54537304
>Apple
nice meme
>>
How come in the OP's pic does it only show down to the serial number in the about portion of the settings?

My iPhone 6S plus shows more on the screen.
>>
>>54537304
alcatel did this years ago
>>
>>54537470
Wouldnt this waste a ton of energy?
Would it be a cancer transmitter?
Would it open up new vulnerabities?
Do i even want it?
>>
>>54537363
Purchase the new Apple iJam headset for just $149.99
>>
>>54537304
>Apple
nice meme
>>
>>54537560
>Do i even want it?
Yes. If you are like me who hates plugging in your phone and get phone range anxiety. Or get interrupted on your phone because of a low battery.
>>
>>54537447
Even the article was written by Pajeets
>>
>>54537304
>Apple
nice meme
>>
>>54537304
How thick is the phone, because it looks like there's enough room for a 3.5mm jack.

I mean, what did they need the space for? What did they put where the jack used to be?
>>
>>54537426
have you seen samsung?
>>
>>54537713
>I mean, what did they need the space for? What did they put where the jack used to be?

not (him) but the jack actually takes up quite a bit of room when you also include the DAC, amplifier, and everything else behind it

also it is difficult to achieve IP ratings (waterproofing) on a 3.5mm jack due to their depth in the case, contrast USB or the sync ports which only penetrate a few mm
>>
File: 1456717049222.png (24 KB, 186x292) Image search: [Google]
1456717049222.png
24 KB, 186x292
>>54537474
its actually more like 2 hours
bluetooth headsets are complete shit
>>
>>54537761
> it is difficult to achieve IP ratings (waterproofing) on a 3.5mm jack due to their depth in the case

This is probably the only reason I can see for removing the 3.5mm jack.

Phones don't need to get smaller or thinner. If anything I want a thicker phone with a bigger battery.
>>
>>54537761
Great, now all that stuff has to be on my earphones...
Or I just don't buy apple shit.
>>
>>54537756
They don't need to follow apple anymore they can do there own thing and completely ingnore apple now that they aren't really innovating or doing anything special.
>>
>>54537346
Pretty much this. They didn't innovate anything except how to save 5c and charge $50 more per device
>>
Just use beast bluetooth headphones.

It's just proven that the founder Steve Jobs died of cancer and bluetooth causes cancer, but you are dumb enough to buy it anyway.

>>54537496
>$1299
How new are you? That's the current price of their phones with the largest storage option.
250GB would most likely cost about 2 grand. Friendly reminder that their 8GB RAM dual core 512 GB space and laughable 10 hour runtime laptop costs about 2,5 grand.

Apple is gay. Fuck them.
>>
>>54537304
A user accessible file system as well as real customization and not just the meme of "think outside the box" when it's the same fucking thing on EVERY device (jailbroken disincluded obviously)
>>
>>54537622
I do hope the cancer gets you.

I'm usually not one to wish cancer on people, even as joke as I've seen firsthand the horrible consequences.

But for you, I make an exception - I really do hope wireless charging gives you cancer.
>>
File: 1401013693848.jpg (39 KB, 499x541) Image search: [Google]
1401013693848.jpg
39 KB, 499x541
>>54538040

Not that Apple's retarded cult followers would understand anything that's not a simple dumbed down interface and access level.
>>
>>54537304
>Apple
nice meme
>>
>>54537849
If it wasn't a giant cuck to make people pay more, that' would actually be a better idea.

digital out+power from the device to a dac+amp on the headphones.
That way the headphones could the perfect amp for every pair, no wasted efficiency due to mismatched shit.

Of course, that's all a lovely dream but the reality is they're doing it to cuck us into paying $400 for new Beats with Lightning.
>>
Whatever they do its no worth leaving the smoothness and prettiness of iOS and go to Android. Sadly.
>>
>>54537363
Don't worry anon Apple will give you ibuds that fit the connection with the iphone. Apple makes sure to give you your money's worth for your $899 phone.
>>
>>54537304
>How can Android even compete?
by having a 3.5mm jack
>>
>Inb4 people listening to music from their smartphone speakers in public transport again because they have no headphones
>>
>>54537861
Oh yeah they won't copy Apple and make lightning headphones, they'll make innovative USB type C headphones.
>>
firstly I doubt that's a real pic/prototype. If you were informed and read about Apple's dev process and Jony Ives, everything is closed off, not even relatives are allowed in the room. There is a very, very low chance anything will make it out of that room or even out into the wild.

Secondly, Apple will no doubt have a lightning to 3.5 adapter. Or they'll just make a pair of headphones with Bluetooth or a lightning connector
>>
>>54537304
Alright correct me if I'm wrong on anything but here goes.

The lightning port has no analog pins.
So any lightning headphones or adapters for 3.5mm jack headphones must all include a DAC inside them somewhere, jacking up prices and making them bulkier and (for adapters) way more complex for no good reason, right? Is this some next level autism? The reason I see cited all the time is "it's so old" but the jack has never had any quality issues or really issues of any kind that would be solved by the lightning connector.
>>
>>54539183
They did it to make more money on accessories and create a blutooth headphone monopoly. Its not for users its to line their pockets

Jesus you apple sheep are so far gone.
>>
>>54537383
>>54537560
>Energy means cancer
I'll bet you guys think your phone, microwave and wifi give you cancer too. Idiots.
>>
File: you.png (371 KB, 8192x5120) Image search: [Google]
you.png
371 KB, 8192x5120
>>
>>54539183
>The lightning port has no analog pins.
>So any lightning headphones or adapters for 3.5mm jack headphones must all include a DAC inside them somewhere

This means the DAC (and amplifier, and other hardware) can be moved out of the (relatively-space-constrained) phone, and into peripherals where it belongs.

Less unused shit in phone -> bigger battery, better hardware, cheaper phone
>>
>>54540161
>bigger battery
>implying they won't make it even thinner to please the retarded normies

>better hardware, cheaper phone
>iphone
ok
>>
>>54540374
>>implying they won't make it even thinner to please the retarded normies
as the phone gets thinner/smaller, the % space saved by removing all that autistic-tier analog audio hardware goes up

I am not an apple guy but even I agree its time to stop carrying all that shit around in the phone. The amount of time your average user spends with headphones plugged in is probably less than 1% of the device lifetime, whereas a larger battery or antenna array would benefit everyone 100% of the time.
>>
>>54537304
>ditched the most used audio jack on the planet
Good thing I don't plan on buying an iFruit.
>>
>>54537304
you mean: apple has ditched nearly a century of compatibility for a digital interface so they can add DRM to your audio out and con morons into buying adapters and more expensive headphones with builtin DACs. how did jewgle not do this sooner in their quest to fuck people over to make more poney?
>>
>>54540161
Good, now they can remove the internal speakers since they won't work without a DAC
>>
>that "3.5mm audio jacks are the reason phones aren't thinner" faggot won't repost that shit ever again

BASED APPLE
>>
>>54537761
None of this fucking matters when there are other smartphones on the market that do waterproofing just fine with 3.5mm jacks. Consumers will see there's waterproof phones, some include the 3.5mm jack they've been using their whole life, another phone is missing the 3.5mm jack and is for some reason more expensive than the other phones.

Yeah it's Apple, but it's complete bullshit and you know it.
>>
File: FPHN9K4.jpg (28 KB, 539x566) Image search: [Google]
FPHN9K4.jpg
28 KB, 539x566
>>54540161
>Less unused shit in phone -> bigger battery, better hardware, cheaper phone

Less shit in the phone -> thinner phone, more expensive phone, less durable phone, less serviceable phone

All you consumerist yuppies are pawns in the system man. Even your beliefs and your religion are manufactured by the government to keep you in line. You can only take drugs sanctioned by the collective hive mind emprah Unitedstatus Regulatoris that have been determined to integrate well with a captive slave society, culture, and morality. You're meant to accept fashions that increase your dependence on the system. If you don't, you're a luddite, because nobody knows what words actually mean, or even worse, a misogynist. Somehow. It goes all the way down to your init systems because average users need to be reliant on an elite class of programmers and use unmanageable complex systems they don't need the full power of. It's a fucking setup man. Even your fuckin anime, man. Look at love live and tell me it's not a clever ploy to remove weaker men from society and increase the average productivity of the japanese workforce. Shit's not even in america, it's an international deal man.

You're fucking screwed if you buy into all this shiny shit. Welcome to the real world, jackass.
>>
>>54540424
because jewgle doesn't make smartphones, kiddo
>>
>>54537304
Next they are gonna ditch the screen.

After that it's the buttons.

In 2018 it's literally a white brick.

>INNOVATION
>>
>>54540161
>He actually literally thinks that Apple is getting rid of the 3.5mm jack so they can fit a bigger battery
>>
>>54540482
>Just use your apple glassesâ„¢
>>
>>54540470
i want to fug nonon
>>
>>54538066
These aren't high energy gamma rays you complete retard.

Please get terminal cancer and no access to pain medication.
>>
>>54540470
>less serviceable phone
the overwhelming majority of hardware in phones have never been user-serviceable, just like most electronics since around whatever year you were born (1999?)

Moore's law did away with that real quick. Technology isn't at the Model T stage anymore, it's much easier to build something new than fix something broken, especially when the parts are literally made from sand and recycled metal
>>
>>54537447
But why are there so many Indians? It's Apple so I'm sure the salary isn't that big of an issue that they have to save money by undercutting engineering salary. I guess Indians want to bring in their Indian brothers?
>>
>>54540554
One thing you got to admire about pajeets is their loyalty to other poos, once they inflitrate an organization they spread like a virus.
>>
>>54540509
"Servicing a phone" is just replacing the battery and maybe, maybe, MAYBE, fixing a little bad solder.

Since you're clearly retarded, here's your retard analogy. Not being able to replace your battery is like not being able to replace your spark plugs. You do know you have to replace those, right? Only instead of your car slowly losing gas capacity, it's slowly getting to the point where the engine will destroy itself with misfires.
>>
>>54540582
>Not being able to replace your battery is like not being able to replace your spark plugs.

This is exactly what every product should be, though.

I'd much rather invest in the company making spark plugs that last the lifetime of the vehicle (analogy) even if sealed in a hermetic steel case, than one making a bigger opening in the hood through which to replace spark plugs that *do* die.

Alternately, the company making cars cheap and available enough that I can just buy a new one every time my spark plug (or any other component that has no business breaking) breaks.
>>
>>54540600
Even when treated well the best batteries will die eventually. Making the nonreplaceable doesn't make them cheaper.
>>
>>54540626
>Even when treated well the best batteries will die eventually.
yeah, but so will the rest of the device, and in plenty of non-fixable ways.

For example, the radio. Carriers introduce new channels, new coding standards, all of which require totally redesigned radio hardware to access. The radios in phones aren't software-defined, and the antennas are carefully tuned to both the frequencies being addressed and the overall EM shielding/shaping properties of the case. To "upgrade" a 3G phone to access 4G networks, would require nothing less than a complete rebuild.

The same is true of screen technologies (to a point), computer architecture (not just the CPU but the baseband processor, coprocessors, GPU, etc)

In effect, the battery only has to last long enough to age out any of these other, fundamentally-irreplaceable components, and that's "long enough". In the case of a mass market, it only has to do so for the average or 3rd-quartile use case.

I'm not a huge fan of apple and have never purchased an apple product, but I think Li-Po battery tech is far enough along that this is becoming the case.
>>
>>54540403
>I am not an apple guy but even I agree its time to stop carrying all that shit around in the phone
Yeah. removing an SMD TRS connector and a single IC that has a DAC responsible for powering up BOTH the earpiece speaker and a jack socket is going to save a shitload of space. Get fucked, faggot.
>>
File: 1462207993915.jpg (121 KB, 650x500) Image search: [Google]
1462207993915.jpg
121 KB, 650x500
>>54540600
>I'd rather invest in the company defying the fucking laws of physics

What you're actually investing in is the company making sure the rest of the vehicle dies with the shortest lived part in order to justify their fast release cycle with fast turnover

And now you're creating a vibrant recycling industry haha no
>>
>>54540662
battery remains practical: <2 years
radio remains compatible and usable: fucking decades
radio remains up to date and "the fastest on the block": maybe five years
screen keeps working: fucking decades
everything else keeps working: fucking decades
new phone comes out: once a year

hmmmm
>>
>>54540662
honestly if your laptop dies with or before a li-po battery it's fucking garbage. apple has engineered it to die or with no regards to durability, and they probably bloated the OS up a little more to ensure that you actually need the marginally better hardware.

i have a thinkpad that's older than most posters on /g/ and it still works 100% except for a thin line on the LCD
>>
>>54540679
>SMD TRS connector and a single IC that has a DAC
ever taken apart a phone? Do you know what a PCB is?

ignoring the fundamental engineering ignorance of your post (what is power supply? what are signal paths? what is isolation?), all of this together plus the 3.5mm jack is larger than a typical SoC.

Also, the headphone jack and earpiece speaker are driven separately, else they'd only be capable of producing the exact same audio, at the exact same time.
>>
>>54538677
Oh god no. Please not this
>>
>>54540717
>honestly if your laptop dies with or before a li-po battery it's fucking garbage.

i agree, the li-po that only lasts 2 years is fucking garbage.

also, good luck strawmanning your way around the post
>let's pick "laptop" instead of "phone" so we don't have to present evidence about radios or miniaturization at all
>>
>>54537304
by supplying a DAC in a phone that isn't complete fucking shit
when will there be a phone that has better quality than the sansa clip+?
WHEN
>>
>>54540682
>throwing away "old" computers/tablets/phones
>not selling them away
Murika at it's best
>>
>>54540755
>phone
They were small enough by the iphone 4
>radios
I'm still using a phone from 2002

>but you can't download 4chan as fast
>>
>>54537304
they did? wow, that's the beginning of the end for applel.
>>
>>54540779
>I'm still using a phone from 2002
good for you.

Not on 4G networks. Certainly not on 5G networks, WiFi 802.11n/ac, or any other standards developed since 2002.

Personally, I prefer my technology to stay up-to-date.
>>
>>54540811
Personally. I find that it still makes calls and sends SMS. Works fine for drug deals.

And why are you comparing staying up to date and being able to download 4chan faster with something that renders the device inoperable? It's not like the entire world switched to VOIP and email.
>>
>>54540850
>It's not like the entire world switched to VOIP and email.
No, but they will soon move away from 2G networks. At this point, you won't be able to make calls or send texts on a 2002 phone.

Holding back radio technology is one of the worst parts of technological conservatism. Being able to support one legacy device on a network, generally means the entire network must dedicate channels and hardware to that legacy.

Take analog TV for example. Once we finally pushed through getting rid of that, we were able to fit hundreds of channels and up-to-gigabit ethernet into the freed-up space. If we were replacing our TVs every 2-4 years anyway, the transition would have happened much sooner.
>>
>>54537474
They actually last around 20 hours or more.
>>
>>54540874
And my 2002 phone will have lasted far, far, far, far longer than its battery.

Now imagine if it were designed to be modular and I could just upgrade it to work with the new network.

>using fucking channels on TV as an example
You're not making a good case. Screwing people over just brings existing tech to the masses so they can use it for absolutely nothing? Worth it!
>>
>>54540850
>>54540907
So you don't need or want your phone for anything else, yet it's a problem if other people do? Fuck off you dumb degenerate. Not surprised a drug addict is this dumb.
>>
File: missile man.png (6 KB, 166x196) Image search: [Google]
missile man.png
6 KB, 166x196
>>54540600
> I will just buy a new car if one of the spark plugs die.

Absolutely disgraceful. Would you throw your whole computer away if one module of memory goes bad? Oh wait, if you're using an Apple product then yes, seeing as they solder and glue it all together.
>>
>>54540907
>Now imagine if it were designed to be modular and I could just upgrade it to work with the new network.

would be fantastic, were it not for the engineering compromises necessary.

Every jack, every interface, board slot, connector where you want modularity, increases size and adds another likely failure point.

One day, that connector or port stops making contact and the entire device is worthless. Except, having spent three times its original sale value over the years to keep updating the "modular" components, you're now out of wallet the equivalent of four cheaper, monolithic, non-user-serviceable phones.

>using fucking channels on TV as an example
you did not read the post, go back and try again

analog TV being deprecated meant we could use that leftover bandwidth for other things, not related to TV, while putting digital content in a small fraction of the freed-up space. We didn't just fill the space up with more TV channels.

Farmers and people in the desert have internet access now because those frequencies are no longer tied down in use on a legacy standard. It has probably saved lives directly -- hospitals use this shit, rescue helicopters, firefighters...
>>
>>54540919
It's a problem if I'm being forced to waste material and give money to a corporation that wants to continue forcing me to do so in order to continue on with something as basic and ancient as long distance communication

All so technology that already exists for people who need it can be easily used on a large scale by people who merely want it

It seems dumb because it is. You are, in essence, a fucking child, as you throw everything to the wind in the name of doing something "cool"

>stone age as governed by you
>we chop down every tree and salt land so no more signal fire, ugg
>signal fire outdated
>here horn, get blowing
>that will be 50 sheep

>drug addict
I'm actually a severely depressed autist and self-medicate with the occasional mushroom after years of failing with CBT and antidepressants, and also sell the occasional mushroom to actual addicts. The government says you can only take a drug that's associated with tobacco smoking gentlemen such as themselves and kill your liver if you do them in excess, so things associated with hippies that kill your visual system when taken in excess instead are right out unless you want to do it illegally.

Figures that someone as dumb as you spouts propaganda when confronted with something, oh no, illegal

>>54540982
>you did not read the post, go back and try again
I did, and we never needed those frequencies. What we needed was more open access to existing frequencies and more towers

but

>capitalists
>>
>>54540938
>> I will just buy a new car if one of the spark plugs die.

No.
I will just buy a new car anyway, because cars don't last forever.

My spark plugs, a part of my car, could and should last just as long as the engine block, frame, or any other component which, upon failure, would mean the car is worthless. Just like the battery in a phone.

Your greentext has no reference to the post you quote and isn't even expressing the same sentiment.
>>>/out/
>>
>>54540998
>"self-medicate with the occasional mushroom"
>expect to be taken seriously

/thread, guys, it's over
>>
>>54541023
You're saying this on a board filled with losers that swear to god their solitary drinking is just for fun or for the taste
>>
>>54540509
>the overwhelming majority of hardware in phones have never been user-serviceable
Every nokia I have ever owned has been fully user repairable with a single screwdriver. Look at the old designs, a 2 part housing surrounding a internal frame with three layers of circuit boards inside. Keypad fucked? Replace it. Screen fucked? Click it off. Motherboard fucked? Just swap it out.
>>
>>54538593
kek
>>
>>54540600
>Alternately, the company making cars cheap and available enough that I can just buy a new one every time my spark plug (or any other component that has no business breaking) breaks.
Apple is only cheap for Apple itself, they still charge you premium no matter what. You don't get any savings from their cheapness. If you still pay the same amount wouldn't you want something that's done right and doesn't have an expiration date in the near future? Servicable hardware means you have less reasons which make your device die permanently.
>>
>>54541011
expected result
>my spark plugs are made of angel flesh. they degrade so slowly they run for the useful life on an engine block - over 50 years! i'll replace my car before then!

actual result
>my spark plugs are garbage and i never replaced them so detonation destroyed my engine block

onto phones

expected result
>my battery can die when the phone is no longer useful
>i'll buy a new phone before my current one is outdated

actual result
>my battery lasts for a mere fraction of a radio standard's lifetime
>i buy a new phone every year
>this one has, like, more RAM dude
>>
File: shaggy mad.png (100 KB, 664x703) Image search: [Google]
shaggy mad.png
100 KB, 664x703
>>54541011
Except you are saying exactly what I greentexted. If one tiny bit of the car stops working you would throw it all away and get a new one. Would you do the same if you got a flat tyre?

I think it's you who needs to go >>>/out/ [of a window]
>>
>>54540998
If you're severely depressed then maybe you should get the fuck off of this website you idiot.
>>
>>54541091
yes because his tires are made by high elves and by the time they go flat he needs a new car anyways

>not having mythril treads
>2016
>>
>>54540895
I believe he says for one rîde not for their life
>>
>>54537383
Everything gives you cancer these days. Who gives a fuck.
>>
>>54537398
/thread
>>
File: whatweretheythinking.jpg (143 KB, 965x719) Image search: [Google]
whatweretheythinking.jpg
143 KB, 965x719
>>54538640
came here to post this
>>
>>54538066
>I'm usually not one to wish cancer on people, even as joke as I've seen firsthand the horrible consequences.
>wishes cancer to one anon for disagreeing with him on an almost meaningless argument

I won't even care to react as this is 4chan
>>
File: 1461772528563.jpg (435 KB, 1795x1025) Image search: [Google]
1461772528563.jpg
435 KB, 1795x1025
>>54540161
>applel
>cheaper phone
>better hardware
>bigger battery

You applefags are deluded as fuck.
>>
>>54537761
Samsung doesn't appear to have any problems.

Also, you are still going to have a DAC at least, and probably an amplifier, for the speakers so you are literally saving no space there.

The only reason is to lock people further into their system. That is all there is to it.
>>
I cant wait to buy a discounted 6S once this comes out
>>
>>54539183
>DAC inside them somewhere, jacking up prices
it cost just $5
just as those usb dacs
>b-b-but mine cost $100
ha
>>
>>54540436
Underrated

If this rumor is true I am completely done with Apple and so is the rest of my family.
>>
File: iphoneconceptimage.jpg (69 KB, 1400x824) Image search: [Google]
iphoneconceptimage.jpg
69 KB, 1400x824
I'm waiting for my 2017 10th anniversary iPhone X
>>
>>54540779
>downloading 4chan
Oh god what have I done?
>>
If Apple does this, you watch, no phone will have a headphone jack in the next 3 years.

Everyone will move to bluetooth/lightning headphones. Because they will be included with the phones, you will have millions and millions of compatible headphones being shipped at the same time.

This will be a non-issue in a few years and only the autists on /g/ will even remember.

Ports change. Who cares. Adapt or die.
>>
>>54537304
By not switching to retarded non-standards.
>>
>>54542141
undefined
>>
>>54542063
Don't hold your breath.
>>
File: 1462846186129.png (83 KB, 264x246) Image search: [Google]
1462846186129.png
83 KB, 264x246
>>54537304
>people genuinely defending this Apple's retarded decision
like what the fuck, how in the fuck am i supposed to plug in my $100 headphones? no, i don't care about apple-only $299 earbuds nor do i give a damn about bluetooth ones, a lot of people don't wanna ditch their headphones but supposedly when it comes to die hard apple users, they do it happily because "it's apple! it's original and it works!", all that just because apple is going for the muh thinness. maybe is apple expecting smartphones to ditch 3.5mm jacks and follow their thinking but honestly i don't see it happening, the 3.5mm jack is not limited to phones only.
tldr, it's a really stupid decision and i'm frustrated
>>
>>54542105
>Ports change.
3.5mm hasn't changed for like 50 fucking years. It's probably the last thing you should be applying that logic to.
>>
>>54537304
10/10 bait

written like a true applefag
>>
the problem is the 'mainstream' audience just doesnt give a fuck anymore; they'll throw their money at apple even if they did not commit to removing the headphone jack. No innovation is still innovation for their customers. Apple will get a pass by saying they upgraded their processor and battery, same shit theyve been pulling off since the last couple of years. People are dumb, Apple knows how to exploit them, get over it
>>
>>54537304
You people need to think things through before jumping to conclusions like a spoonfed liberal.

Normies are going to see the new iPhones and say "yuck, i can't use headphobes on that phone. I'm not buying that!"

No headphone jack means the death of Apple's phone sales.
>>
>>54543519
>not buying the brand new beats to listen to music on your brand new iphone
>>
Just for the record I
>>54537560
Am not this guy
>>54538066
>>
File: 1382159958980.png (217 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
1382159958980.png
217 KB, 393x391
>yfw Cook keks everyone by releasing an attachable DAP case for ip7 that adds a headphone jack, DAC, and amp for 200 dollars
>yfw everyone praises the quality of the sound with DAC + amplifier for phones
>yfw they say apple invented it

You guys don't understand the master plan.
>>
>>54542326
>hasn't changed
well I guess it will fucking change
>>
>>54542298
>using "audiophile" headphones with phones

you're dumb
>>
>>54544810
Don't know whether to laugh or to cry.
Considering we talk about apple, this is a very likely outcome..
>>
>>54537410
That's hilarious considering crapple have been slowly adding things to iOS that Android has already had for years
>>
>>54537824
buy proper BT headphones, my Avantree Auditions last over 2 weeks from daily usage.
>>
>>54540682
>nerds
>thin tech
/g/ would beg to differ
>>
>>54541904
What frustrates me about giant power bricks is I work for a company where all of our tabletop non PoE devices use a giant fucking brick. I'm part of the problem.
>>
>>54542105
Yes anon. Just like everyday I see people walking around with Apple Watch knockoffs.
>>
>>54542105
this isn't just a connector change, this is switching an analog interface for analog information with a digital interface
this doesn't just affect the connector, it also forces headphones/earphones to contain their own dac and amp, because one way or another, the signal going into the speakers has to be analog
>>
File: 1431183294540.jpg (110 KB, 552x364) Image search: [Google]
1431183294540.jpg
110 KB, 552x364
>Apple replaces industry standard with proprietary garbage
>People think this is actually news
This is standard practice for Apple. The hilarity is that Intel is trying to follow suit with USB3. Have fun frying your ports with bootleg cables.
>>
>>54537304
*has
>>
I'm not an apple user but damn even if I was interested in this phone I'd look elsewhere cause shit I'd have to throw out my existing headphones (which work/sound great btw) and buy new. Sorry not gonna happen. Damn apple and this shit. Now watch, 3.5mm jack will be fading into history now. By 2020 noone will remember it. Really how thin do the phones need to be anyway? Won't the whole thin thing cause them to be more fragile? Seems like it would. But hey guess if you can blow 500-800 on a phone then you can spend the dough to replace it when you break it.
>>
>>54537363

probably with your normal headset but with a small adapter that comes with the phone
>>
>>54537560
although it sounds like there are some obvious questions to the technology, in general the wireless trend seems to be pointing toward industry adoption of this technology or something like it
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.