[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Novidya SLI doesnt work on any of the linux distros properly....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: novidyaSLI.png (261 KB, 1292x678) Image search: [Google]
novidyaSLI.png
261 KB, 1292x678
Novidya SLI doesnt work on any of the linux distros properly.... WHY THE FUCK IS THIS EVEN ALLOWED?
>>
A GPU setup doesn't work properly on linux? Wow call me crazy but I think I have seen this before
>>
Due to miniscule desktop marketshare for Linux Neither Nvidia nor AMD have the financial incentive to develop properly working drivers for their consumer-oriented hardware.

All graphical computing needs of your average linux desktop user are pretty much covered by your average intel iGPU (especially since the recent ones have exceptional performance for what they are).
And guess what, intel's iGPUs work

But unlike AMD, nvidia actually bothers providing some documentation for it
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/180.22/README/chapter-25.html
>>
Wifi cards don't even work on linux and you expect a GPU to work?
>>
>>54530037
amd has better drivers than shitvidia even on linux
ironic that you'd shitpost this hard even in a thread where OP says shitvidia doesn't work

https://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature/

there
are you retarded?
>>
>>54530206
Not him but GCN 1.0 AMD cards + Linux = why bother, just use integrated graphics instead
>>
>>54529942

>linux

I found your problem.
>>
>>54529942
>sli on linux
senpai it barely works on windows
>>
>>54529942

Why the fuck is Linux allowed?

I honestly can't say.
>>
>falling for the gaming PC meme
>using Linux on that very same gaming PC
>buying not one, but two overpriced, gimped video cards
lad...
>>
>not using linux in a VM or headless
are you actually fucking retarded?
>>
>video games
>Linux
Pick one.
>>
SLI doesn't even work properly on Windows, it's a complete meme, plus some games even get worse performance on SLI.
>>
>>54529942
>needing SLI for Linux
What the fuck why?
>>
>>54530913
1990 called - it is looking for it's 2400 bps modem.
>>
File: main.jpg (125 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
125 KB, 3200x1800
>using a bastardized server OS as a desktop
>"it dont work right!??!"

Ask for Genuine Microsoft Software.
>>
>>54530206
>THIS PAGE IS NOT FOR FGLRX/CATALYST DRIVERS PROVIDED BY AMD/ATI.
You sure told me you dumbass

xorg openradeon drivers are reverse engineered drivers.
>>
>>54529942
Using GNU/Linux is like intentionally bricking your computer turning it into shitposting machine, because you can't run anything except video player and a browser.
>>
File: 1463149668373.png (204 KB, 800x670) Image search: [Google]
1463149668373.png
204 KB, 800x670
>>54530405
commit sudukku already lad... I am running gtx titan X ;)
>>
>>54531294
>Ask for....
>a bastardized server OS being used on a desktop

Install OS X

You'd think it was a server OS because UNIX, but it's actually been so bastardized that you can't reasonably use it on a server. Ever.
>>
IF I WAS AS DUMB AS THESE MICROSOFT SHILLS I WOULD SLICE MY OWN HEAD OFF WITH SATYA NADELLA'S MELON KNIFE
>>
File: Nvidia babby.jpg (119 KB, 796x805) Image search: [Google]
Nvidia babby.jpg
119 KB, 796x805
>>54529942
>he fell for the Nvidia meme
>>
git clone https://github.com/MrMEEE/bumblebee-Old-and-abbandoned.git && cd $_
sh install.sh

You can thank me later
>>
>>54531336
yo ucan't even fucking read what you just wrote, can you?
that's the link the official amd website gives you

how about you investigate more? i'm not here to educate you
>>
>>54531889
gallium drivers are made by the community from scraps of documentation released by AMD for their radeon cards and they're licensed under a free license unlike proprietary AMD Catalyst drivers.

openradeon drivers are shipped with gnu/linux by default.
And yes they work a lot better than the proprietary ones.
But they're developed by a team indepdendent from AMD.

Nvidia's open source drivers called noveau (the ones shipped by default with gnu/linux distros) are of much lesser quality because Nvidia doesn't release any documentation so they're entirely reverse engineered also by an independent team

>how about you investigate more?
Really funny you said that
>>
>>54531889
>>54531975
I should also mention that AMD announced a change in their business strategy towards Linux desktop and their drivers

Instead of the current model where proprietary and open source drivers are developed indepdendently by independent groups of people AMD wants to build a "core" open source drivers with licensing that allows to be shipped with most GNU/Linux as a kernel blob distribution and proprietary "catalyst" being a binary module on top of open source driver as a sort of an extension (so to speak) with the open source driver as it's core.

Allegedly it's AMD attempt to bring community developers to work on their drivers and reduce decentrallization.

I assume it's AMD seeking potential profits from SteamOS in the future.
>>
File: 1462325254529.jpg (93 KB, 800x482) Image search: [Google]
1462325254529.jpg
93 KB, 800x482
>>54529942
>>
>>54529942
>>
>>54529942
>linux
>multi gpu
>video games

oh man, you're retarded.
>>
File: ElizabethTurner09500x750.jpg (83 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
ElizabethTurner09500x750.jpg
83 KB, 500x750
>>54532488
B but muh 4k 60fps gaming you faggots....
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.