[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw your timid friend lets you in on his million-dollar idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1374615696133.jpg (18 KB, 317x275) Image search: [Google]
1374615696133.jpg
18 KB, 317x275
>tfw your timid friend lets you in on his million-dollar idea that he's already proved works and can soon build a prototype of

I'm a bit scared, /g/. He wants me to help with marketing, but I honestly don't think he realizes how big a deal his creation is.
>>
Go sell your shit somewhere else
>>
>>54524604
>implying I'm a shill

I'm not gonna let any of you cucks in on this, as it's so simple and obvious that it can easily be recreated. But no one have done it before.

He wants to make it open source and only earn money as a provider. I'm hoping to talk him out of it.
>>
>>54524604
/thread
>>
>>54524614
well if you're gonna be a faggot, why would any of us want to talk to you?
>>
>>54524614
BSD license then, you greedy fuck.
>>
>tfw my friend has figured out how to crack one of the primary online encryption measures
>tfw I figured it wouldn't work but it did

We're not actually sure where to go from here. Neither of us are criminals or degenerates.
>>
File: 1460721416165.jpg (14 KB, 324x451) Image search: [Google]
1460721416165.jpg
14 KB, 324x451
>>54524635
this
>>
>>54524598
And why are you telling us this? What was your intent in bringing this up to /g/?
>>
>>54524644
You report the fucking vulnerability.
Changes are it's being abused by the NSA and co already.
>>
Move along, nothing to see here. OP being a colossal faggot, per usual.
>>
>>54524664
Well who the fuck do you report it to? And how do you go about reporting it? We're just university students. We don't want to report it to the wrong people so that it gets abused, and hey it would be nice to get some credit for finding it (assuming it truly is original discovery) because it would make getting a job easier on our end (I like to eat and have a place to sleep, on occasion).
>>
>>54524703
Tell Google you've found a major vulnerability and ask what it's worth to them
>>
>>54524614
>Can be imitated so easily
>Genius
Good luck as a company that doesn't have nearly the infrastructure nor the market reach, someone's going to eat your lunch because your idea isn't that good.
>>
File: fixed.png (23 KB, 333x485) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
23 KB, 333x485
>>54524649
FTFY
>>
>>54524614
Have you even determined how to effectively scale your idea?
>>
>>54524728
That sounds a bit close to extortion.
>>
>>54524703
You report it on the developer mailing list or write a paper about it.
You could post it anywhere and someone would pick it up.

Also, you can shit out a simple patch if you want credit for something.

But most importantly you don't want to leave the world relying on flawed encryption.
>>
>>54524703
Get on a public wifi and spam it everywhere. It will get patched so fast it will knock your teeth out.
>>
>>54524598
lawyer up

steal his idea
>>
>>54524835
The flaw is with the encryption algorithm itself. There's not a "simple patch" for this, you'd basically have to ditch that (very common) form of encryption for something else.
>Barring someone smarter than us figuring out a simple patch
>>
>>54524893
>flaw is with the encryption algorithm itself
I call bullshit. All of the current popular encryption methods only have subliminal channel attacks. There are no issues with the algorithms besides that.
>>
>>54524930
I'll re-examine our work because I'm having a hard time believing we could have found something like this, myself. I do agree that it's far more likely that we made an error than that we spotted something dedicated encryption experts and autists didn't.
>>
>>54524958
Well in case you did spot something, report it somewhere. Seriously, the world's security is in your hands.
>>
>>54524958
Oh yeah, if you feel up to it keep me posted.
[email protected]
I don't need technical details, just news on what's up.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.