[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /g/ I'm probably gonna get a freelance job soon worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: dell-xps-13-developer-edition.jpg (18 KB, 518x293) Image search: [Google]
dell-xps-13-developer-edition.jpg
18 KB, 518x293
So /g/ I'm probably gonna get a freelance job soon worth 2000€ for 2 months of development. Since I need a good laptop I'm thinking about buying pic related with the money, the i5/1080p version. I think this can be a good choice but I was wondering if there are any worthy competitors for the same price point. My main requirements are a good screen and above average battery life.

>inb4 gaymen discrete GPU
I have a desktop for that
>inb4 windows shit
I *need* my computer to run Linux and just work™ with it.
>inb4 entroware
Sadly, they don't ship to my country
>>
>>54516391
that'll be fine, honestly

I'd rather get the X1 carbon (still get 9 hours of battery life at 1080p, new screen actually isn't shit anymore) for that signature thinkpad trackpoint, keyboard, and milspec certification

but the xps 13 is great. If you want to go with that I'd seriously consider combing through ebay for one. You can get an i5 broadwell, 8gb ram, 1080p screen for $700
>>
>>54516391
>/g/ is not your consumer review site
>>
>>54516460
I feel like an applefag saying this but I actually really like the design of the xps 13 more, and the small as hell form factor. Most of my uni professors have one of these and they look absolutely gorgeous.
>>
>>54516483
Thanks for your valuable contribution, you can now resume shitposting on /g/
>>
>>54516485
word. I also prefer 14 inch screens over 13 inch ones, but go ahead and pull the trigger. Sound like you'll enjoy it then
>>
>>54516519
Thank you. It's nice to talk with cool people on /g/ from time to time.
>>
>>54516391
>>inb4 entroware

You can always look in alibaba. All of their machines are sourced from there
>>
>>54516571
>alibaba
>practically no warranty
>customs
Thanks but no thanks
>>
Used/refurbished macbook air?
Trying out osx is nice if you haven't used it, plus you can probably sell them later fir at least 40% of the retail value when you're done using it.
>>
>>54516391
I have that and it's pretty great. Do make sure to whine to the Dell chat support about it being too expensive and get a discount of like €100.

Also worth considering is the HP Spectre 13
>>
>>54516826
The reason I will never use a mac is that all the mac users are trying to sell their garbage fo rhalf of retail even if it's 5 years old. Even up to 75% it's ridiculous.
>>
>>54517025
this
people are selling 2014 Macbook pros for the same price as 2015 macbook pro's and not a penny less
>>
File: DBuk1m3P.jpg (264 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
DBuk1m3P.jpg
264 KB, 1500x1000
How about a Surface Pro 4 ? (I have a 20% discount bringing the i5 256gb model at 1100$)
Is a 12.3" screen enough for programming ?
>>
>>54517370
get the surface book instead. actually a laptop
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.