[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/. My uncle died and left a shitload of old circuits and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 20160512_134125.jpg (2 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160512_134125.jpg
2 MB, 3984x2988
Hey /g/. My uncle died and left a shitload of old circuits and cords behind (he installed home phone systems or something). Apparently a lot of this is really valuable. My aunt wants me to sell it all, so I'm identifying all of it now. Some of this is seriously old shit, so I'm curious about antique tech etiquette. A lot of this is in its original packaging, so should I leave it in and make my best estimate of what to sell it as or open it and (still) make my best estimate of what to sell it as? Does it have an effect on the value? Help me sift through this shit, /g/. Trips gets a reasonable amount of this shit that they want.
>>
File: 1451523641566.jpg (49 KB, 457x260) Image search: [Google]
1451523641566.jpg
49 KB, 457x260
>>54512927
>antique tech etiquette
>>
>>54512927
That's "new old stock".
Technology (except for phones and laptops) generally doesn't depreciate just because someone took it out of the box.
For commercial-grade hardware like that you're supposed to be able to test it to verify that it works before you sell it on eBay or some shit.

Obviously something that works would command a higher price than something that wasn't tested.
>>
Thanks. I'm probably going to test most of this, but some of it I have no clue what it is
>>
File: 20160512_134833.jpg (2 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160512_134833.jpg
2 MB, 3984x2988
I found a Nokia in there. I think it's a home phone.
>>
>>54513060
Nope, that's a cell phone.
>>
>>54513060
>I think it's a home phone.
That phone is a fucking legend, not only can you use it to make and receive phone calls, but you can use it to kill your enemies and call their loved ones after you beat them with the phone
>>
>>54513060
That's one beat up cellphone.
>>
Little brother broke arm. Driving to hospital. Mission abort
>>
>>54512927
>antiquated high voltage supply board
>nokia phone
wew lad
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.