[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wipe a HDD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
So i have to wipe 10 or so HDDs and rather then lugging every tower home i just took out the hard drives to just take them home and wipe individually.
The first one worked fine i used a DBAN .iso but then i tried the next one and DBAN wouldn't boot.
Am i doing something wrong?
>>
>inb4 install Gentoo/ganoo/any Linux distribution
Rekt gentoofags.
>>
You need to use a large cloth.
>>
>>54511722
damn didnt think of that. Thx
>>
>>54511686
From my experience DBAN has varying performances depending on the hardware. You need to use different types of DBANs for every HDD. Look up the HDD make and model along with what type of motherboard and connection(SATA, IDE) you are using. Also make sure your bios didn't reset itself and that you are booting from CD first, or whatever method you are using to nuke it.
>>
use magents :^)
>>
Blancco
>>
Killdisk
>>
Tabernus
>>
Kroll Ontrack
>>
Physical destruction a-la deconstructing the disk, removing the platters, and throwing them in a nice hot fire. The heat will destroy all magnetic fields beyond recognition. Maybe even melt them if you have a good one. Salvage the magnets whilst you're at it, they be stronk
>>
>>54511686
I've heard a dead puppy oven works
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.