[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should browser makers agree on a standard default media controls?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
Should browser makers agree on a standard default media controls?
/ which do you like best, why?
>>
>>54507638
Who made these icons and how did they do such a bad job?
>>
>>54507638
Yes I think we need standards in modern browsers, for today's web. I think you'll find the controls which ship in Google Chrome to have, objectively speaking, the best aesthetics and ease-of-use: the kind of familiarity people have come to expect from the modern web of today.

Based on these facts I see no other choice but to standardize on Chrome's modern UI for HTML5 media element controls, if we're to push the web forward.

(Disclaimer: I am not employed by Google, Inc.)
>>
>>54507638
Chrome
>>
>>54507638
FF has ants
>>
>>54507719
I'm not so familiar with the CC icon
>>
I like how it is at the moment.

Browsers have their own, but pages can implement what they like.
>>
>>54507638
No they should make it a pluggable API and let us integrate our own media players into the browser instead of trying to implement their own (badly).

I want my browser to use libmpv.
>>
>>54507718
But I like these more: >>54507738

For example it displays the total duration at the bottom right. Chrome's doesn't do that. Seems like a pretty useful thing to be showing.
>>
>>54507638
>>54507679
What browser is this?
>>
>>54507718
>(Disclaimer: I am not employed by Google, Inc.)
How's Alphabet Inc. treating you?
>>
>>54507718
Fuck off, Schlomo
>>
>>54508177
I've always wanted player's to show video length, progress, and time remaining at the same time but haven't seen an implementation that isn't a mess.
>>
>>54508191
Webkit
>>
>watching media thru your browser

>>>/v/
>>>/v/
>>>/v/
>>
File: file.png (57 KB, 570x417) Image search: [Google]
file.png
57 KB, 570x417
>firefox
lmao
>>
>>54507738
goat
>>
>>54508444
goat?
>>
>>54508494
Greatest
Of
All
Time
>>
>>54507719
It only shows progress time. On the right.
>>
>>54507738
Time played on the bar with total time at the end. That's good.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.