[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vintage AV Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (144 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
144 KB, 1920x1080
Who else collects and still uses vintage/outdated AV hardware?

>What is in your collection?
>What are you looking to add to it?
>Where do you keep it / How do you use it?
>>
>>54505230
Laserdisc player and old consoles hooked up to a PVM in one corner of the room. Turntable hooked up to a shitty amp in another corner.
Currently waiting on a Pioneer sX-680 receiver and an unopened Sony MiniDisc deck I ordered.
Currently separate from all my modern equipment, but I'm contemplating ditching the PVM and getting a scaler for my HDTV or merging all of my old tech into one corner. Admittedly they don't get as much use as my modern TV but it's fun to watch shitty 90s films on LD every now and again.
>>
>>54505303
>Zenith Allegro
Is that an 8-track player? Do you ever use it? I heard they have a pretty poor shelf life.
>>
File: wallofcans.jpg (707 KB, 1600x955) Image search: [Google]
wallofcans.jpg
707 KB, 1600x955
>>54505230
>>
File: DSCN3518.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3518.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
Zenith Allegro 'Wedge' with Speaker 3000's (10" woofers with 3.75" tweeters, great sound).
Maybe an 8 track player if I can add one for a decent price.
sound system for my entertainment system. great sound quality and my flatpanel outputs directly to it, while all of my electronics input to the Flatpanel, a Samsung 36"
>>
File: marantz pm-94.jpg (53 KB, 598x394) Image search: [Google]
marantz pm-94.jpg
53 KB, 598x394
Blew a channel again, in for repairs again.
>>
>>54505325
sorry reposted in >>54505352
the cassette player isnt working right, but im gonna take it apart soon, as i think the bands have degraded, but that's probably the only issue. the rest of it work fine. and the turntable still has the original needle, although i may replace that soon. i can't turn up the speakers more than 35% as it's rather loud, and i live under someone. But the one time i did turn it up, it never lost clarity!
>>
File: 08047965_KenwoodKA-7100again.jpg (175 KB, 1321x630) Image search: [Google]
08047965_KenwoodKA-7100again.jpg
175 KB, 1321x630
My dad gave me his old Kenwood KA-7100 from the 70s. It's solid, but need some repairs soon. I don't know much about it.
>>
>>54505381
I used to look for all-in-one units like that, but I feel like most aren't the greatest quality and getting separate components allows you to swap them out easily if some of them break or you simply want to upgrade. What I might like to do is get a modular setup comprised of multiple components under the same brand/series that look nice and uniform, but I'm still probably too picky for that.
>>
Planning on buying a receiver soon.I already own a reverberation amplifier, which looks baller as fuck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_N1n4j-yGg
>>
>>54505399
Where do you go to repair stuff like that, or do you do it yourself? I sadly know very little about circuitry and can barely even solder.
>>
File: battlestation.jpg (112 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
battlestation.jpg
112 KB, 640x480
>>54505230

This is a really old picture but I still have my same audio stuff, everything else has changed.
>>
File: HD660.jpg (81 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
HD660.jpg
81 KB, 480x640
>>54505485

Speaker close up with my old crappy phone too
>>
Been wanting to start adding stuff for years since all I've had is this receiver thats only 2 decades old but it seems like everything I find or get my hands on either disappears or isn't fixable.
>>
>>54505449
I'm not sure yet. If it's just a blown capacitor or something, I'll try to replace it myself even though I'm amateur level at soldering. If not, there's got to be some hole in the wall shop that will take a look. Who knows.

If you want to learn soldering or circuitry there are workshops and classes for that kind of thing. Look it up on meetup or something.
>>
File: mgavhsvcrmodelhs-100u_9.jpg (74 KB, 482x619) Image search: [Google]
mgavhsvcrmodelhs-100u_9.jpg
74 KB, 482x619
Why do I find myself wanting a top-loading VCR? They're so shitty but they look so fucking good.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.