[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ im interested in coding and going into the technology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1451966419030.jpg (40 KB, 741x693) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451966419030.jpg
40 KB, 741x693
Hey /g/ im interested in coding and going into the technology field as a computer engineer and eventually moving my computer engineering on to cars with the big ass computers in them ex. Tesla with that big ass computer in the midde. Im a senior in highschool (18) is it too late to start? I have little experience with html and java script but ive always been interested in it just i get so frustrated when i cant get it on my own and give up. Im pretty good with technology in ways. What should i do to try to go towards being a computer engineer

Inb4 go to college
I know i have to go to college
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>54503259
Kill yourself kevin.
>>
It's too late. Your brain won't grasp the concepts well enough for you to even come close to considering such a competitive field
>>
>>54503259
write a kernel and share it with other freetards
>>
>>54503259
Don't listen to these cucks. Do what makes you happy. I am an introverted person who loves programming, but I lost my passion because I was doing it by myself. Later down the road I started working in teams, and my excitement has skyrocketed.
>>
>>54503372
When did you start? I have no friends who do it really and my computer broke so i got out of it and more into cars but it is something i like and want to combine computer engineering and cars
>>
>>54503372
Just know that computer engineering and computer science is not easy. Don't go into it thinking you will pass every class without trying... You will fail
>>
>>54503390
I started at 12. I had 2 internships by the time I got to high-school. I graduated almost exactly a year ago and still haven't found a job.

This is an over saturated field. Indian workers will do it for a dollar an hour. I don't recommend it
>>
>>54503393
Is it worth going into with little experience?
>>
>>54503421
>high-school

Meant college.
>>
>>54503259
I think IT would be more your speed.
>>
>>54503421
Shit really? Hows at home programming though have you tried that?
>>
>>54503390
I've got a year and a half left to finish my degree. Honestly that sounds like a lot of fun... Combining two things that you love makes to infinitely better, because you are applying your programming knowledge to something aligned with your interests (pretty self explanatory, but honestly it really helps (I find that if I don't care what I am working on I will just give up))
>>
>>54503429
Ive thought about being an IT but hows the pay? I really have not looked into it really
>>
>>54503259
>Im a senior in highschool (18) is it too late to start?
Way too late. Basically, your father needed to start learning programming 2 years before your conception, so you can start absorbing knowledge. By the time you are an embryo, all the programming wiring is already set in place, and you can no longer learn anything new.

Sorry mate.

Although... you CAN start learning programming for the purpose of educating your own future kids.
>>
>>54503444
Yeah, like im pretty good at working on cars, its all i do really but i have an interest in technology but i have little experience im pretty much only good with using it
>>
>>54503259
Absolutely kill yourself 8th grader.
>>>/f/acebook
>>
Is there anything i could do in the technology field? I dont wanna be a mechanic or anything all my life honestly
>>
>>54503523
You are 18. The entire UNIVERSE is yours to conquer. Why are you whining about being a mechanic? Go be whatever you want to be.
>>
>>54503259
kill yourself
>>
>>54503555
Im not whinning about it i just feel like theres not too much growth in it really like i love doing but i dont know i just feel like i wouldnt be able to be 30 and live comfortable on a mechanics salary and have a family but then again i dont know
>>
>>54503590
You want to be an adult, start by typing like one. And there is nothing wrong with being a mechanic if you enjoy it. If you find that you can earn a good salary, and do a good job, and enjoy yourself, then do it.

>I know i have to go to college
Do that too. It will open up your horizons a bit!
>>
>>54503621
Thats true. This might be a stupid question but is it a waste of money to switch majors in college?
>>
>>54503655
>This might be a stupid question but is it a waste of money to switch majors in college?
Depends on how far along you are, and what you are switching. If you are close to finishing, then finish. If you are early, and switch from arts to STEM, then switch.
>>
>>54503700
That makes sense, thanks for the help man.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.