[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wipe a HDD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I want to wipe the Hard drive of my computer but keep the OS and office if possible.
Would the best way to do this be just backing up both of those then DBAN.
Or should i just factory reset.

I want to sell it afterwards
>>
Wipe the HDD and reinstall the OS.
>>
>>54496053
It is my old work comp i dont have the discs for the OS
>>
>>54496073
install gentoo
>>
>>54496044
sudo shred -n 2 -z -v /dev/sda
>>
>>54496044
just delete all your shit and sell it
as if the next normie that gets it starts to recover your shady futa hentai
>>
search for a tool to rip the keys from the system
had one a while ago but forgot the name
it shows you the cd keys from the software you have installed, including windows
get the keys, get new iso's, DBAN, reinstall everything
>>
>>54496166
>Selling a shitty used work computer with Gentoo
I don't think that's possible.
>>
>>54496292
Cant you read what OP wrote you literal shit head
>>
>>54496832
No
>>
>>54496524
The key won't work if it came from an OEM
>>
>>54496073
a lot of laptops usually have a backup partition which you can use to restore to factory conditions after a wipe.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.