[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get to work >only a few things to do today >already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: 1461236240121.png (272 KB, 447x458) Image search: [Google]
1461236240121.png
272 KB, 447x458
>get to work
>only a few things to do today
>already want to go home

Why is tech such a shitty boring industry, I'd rather NEET than this.
>>
>>54492982
>I have less work to do today
>BAWWWWWW
>>
>>54492982
NEET doesn't pay, I'll take your boring job.
>>
which meme does this relate to? the my coworker who i date meme?
>>
File: 1462816403790.jpg (194 KB, 470x600) Image search: [Google]
1462816403790.jpg
194 KB, 470x600
Don't you millennials ever stop bitching?
>>
>>54492996
This is a daily thing for me now a days. Paid 8 hours to sit in n a cubicle prison for 2 hours of actual work. It's not even funny or interesting, repetitive mundane maintain of shit.
>>
>>54492982
If you wanted interesting work you should have stayed in school and did research.

It's a common joke to say PhD is for people who couldn't make it in the industry but it's the exact opposite. The industry is (mostly) for idiots who couldn't make it in research. Few jobs in the industry compare to the joys of research and those that are there are extremely competitive.

If you can't get in them then youre doomed to work your 9-5 shitty repetitive job.
>>
>>54492982
>Get to work
>Run automated scripts and make sure everything is running smoothly
>Shitpost on 4chan for hours
>Go on lunch break
>Come back and pretend to look busy
>Go back to surfing the web until it's time to go home

I get paid 90k a year to do this
>>
>>54493149
that fucking feel when open office layout
>>
>>54493183
Would never apply to such a place. I work in a cubicle office and several of the people stand and they alone make me hate the idea of everyone seeing each other. They just stand there and stare you down as you walk around.
>>
>>54493149
Jelly as fuck, senpai.
>>
>get to work
>set up eight hour anime playlist
>sort mail for eight hours
>go home

This is the worst job I've ever had but I like it

Almost done with coding boot camp though, will be leaving this comfy existence soon

Wanna trade OP?
>>
Ask for more work to do.
>>
>>54492982
>>54493038
This thing happened to me the last days.
So fucking boring.

I am lurking /g/ right now at work because of that
>>
>get to work
>open tracker and assign a couple software change requests to myself
>do fuck all all morning and afternoon
>tell manager that the change is more complex than it looks
>fix both issues in last hour of day
>do a commit, go to the bathroom and then silently slip out the door when nobody is looking because I'm a salary worker and my hours are 9 till whenever you have the balls to leave

It's the american way
>>
>>54493038
>>54492982

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwJaLFMf7IA
>>
>>54493559
> 12:00 pm
> Manager
> We are checking for more tasks.
> 03:00 pm
> Still no answer
> Sit on my ass all day

> Next day
> 10 tasks
> Anon please hurry we need this for tomorrow
>>
>>54492982
>go to work every day
>only a few things to do daily
>usually super bored and unmotivated
>sometimes have more things to do
>already in the habit of doing nothing so it's hard to motivate myself to do stuff
>never get anything done
>still really good at interviews
>switch jobs before i'm fired

This has been my career for five years out of college.

My next plan is to get a remote position so when I'm bored I can actually work on my personal projects, or at least do tasks around my house, thus never falling into the rut of doing nothing.

I'll see if it actually works.
>>
>>54493149
I don't want to say that I'm jelly but I really am.
>>
>>54493149
Same are Anon. I sequester myself in the server room until I'm actually needed, which is not very often.
>>
>>54493572
>tfw 9 till whenever has been my schedule for the last 3 years
>tfw slipping out whenever is an art so as people don't get annoyed or notice
>tfw we have these little lights above our cubicles that you can set the color of to indicate IN/OUT/Returning soon
>always set mine to returning soon
>absolutely devilish
>>
>>54492982
>Why is tech such a shitty boring industry
Because.

I wish i got into game dev instead which seems to be booming but my fucking autistic obsession with hardware, particulary desktop full tower size stuff is the reason why i didnt.

Game dev also required a autismal amount of coding experiance and its just not something i enjoy atm

I quit IT two years ago and couldnt get any more work since.

Been a n33t on and off ever since ANY work is better than IT

Retail was fun but hospitality is shit i am not looking forward to going back to being a slavecook

halp me /g/
>>
Fuck man, I'd love to have a job where I could just dick around on the internet all day. I don't have enough time to meet all of my deadlines. My workload is huge. Jelly.
>>
>>54493096
What is entrepreneurship ? Fucking loser parasite living off a determined salary judging other for doing the same.
>>
>be IT worker
>work from home, main office is 2 hours away
>schedule 9-2 hourly @ $25/hr with as much overtime as i want to schedule myself for
>we have lots of projects i work on them occasionally
>starting to get in routine of not doing shit
>spring is here, i want to be outside tending my garden and working on my 2 1/2 acre property
>started waking up at 6am and drinking my morning coffee with an expresso shot to help motivate
>still kind of half assing
>boss thinks im great and loves the work i do and thinks i work constantly

it's hard to motivate /g/.
>>
>>54492982
>Tranpa bay
>>
>>54493038
It's the same thing with me, just use the time for self-betterment. Work on those certs, take online college courses, try writing a shell script to automate something you do every day.
>>
>>54494226
Game dev is miserable, don't worry. You work 80 hours a week, get paid less than other software engineers with similar skills, then get laid off when the game is done.
>>
>get to work
>serve somewhere between 300-400 customers in 8 hours (for srs)
>minimum wage
>everyone treats me like shit
pls save me trump
>>
Who /sysadmin/ masterrace?
>>
>>54494565
This. Game development is bottom of the barrel code monkey shit with long hours and shit pay. I had a roommate who worked at Blizzard who was only making like 4-5k a month working 80 hours a week. I can't wait to see him get laid off though because he was an annoying faggot
>>
>>54494444
P U B S U B S
U
B
S
U
B
S
>>
>>54494444
>>>/hoc/
>>
I gave my boss my resignation letter like 4 weeks ago and have since stopped coming to work yet I still get paychecks from them.
>>
>>54493038
Start doing private things when you got nothing to do.
Start reading.
Start hanging out with coworkers. I do it all the time in my company when there is nothing to do, and I work as a service desk corporat.
>>
>>54492982
>not having a remote job where your boss can't control what you do in your free time
hahahaha, you got what you deserved KEK
>>
>>54495128
You should probably tell them considering they could sue you for all the money back if they found out
>>
>>54492982

Stop being lazy. There has to be something that is suboptimal that you can work on. Take some fucking initiative--that's how you grow and progress in your career. There's a lot you don't know. Work on fixing that. I know. I used to be a sysadmin.
>>
I'm a programmer who's helping develop a VR game, for the Vive.

I work 10-6 most days, and I'm either brainstorming with co workers or programming the entire time (aside from lunch or tiny breaks ofc).

I love what I do, so I couldn't imagine just not doing anything all day. Sounds incredibly dull.
>>
>>54493096
>If you wanted to test different lipsticks on monkeys for about 15 years before quitting because it's too depressing
FTFY
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.