[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No file explorer >no expendable storage >no torrenting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 11
File: image.png (70 KB, 522x309) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70 KB, 522x309
>No file explorer
>no expendable storage
>no torrenting
>can't transfer files between iOS device and computer without iTunes
>can't customize home/lockscreen
>comes bundled with very overpriced hardware
Why people still use this 2010-tier OS?
>>
>>54491387
cuz rich people meme phone
>>
>>54491387
The lack of a file explorer and expandable storage is unacceptable in this day and age.
>>
Marketing
>>
>>54491387
>few people care about that
>few people care about that
>even fewer people care about that
>not completely true
>literally nobody cares about that
>lower specced hardware that performs better than Android flagships

Also the first 5 points are possible with jailbreak
You clearly don't know what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>54491387
it's easier for normies to use. Why does all that shit matter anyways. Most people just want to browse the internet, text, call, and use simple apps. IOS is intuitive and easy to use. Also I prefer android but I have the ability to understand the viewpoints of others because I am not a shut-in.
>>
>>54491424
why? i can do everything i need with ios 9. i can download files with chrome and open/save them in the app i want. i can open anything on anyapp i want with simple share button. only thing i cant do is torrenting which is retarted to do on a smartphone
>>
>>54491387
most iphone buyers don't want this stuff.
They are happy as long as their phone "just werks".

- They don't want to explore the fs
- They don't torrent anyway
- They don't want to customize

The thing I agree on is that it's really shit, that there's no expandable storage.

> inb4 iphone user
i use a z3 with cyanogenmod
>>
>>54491452
please tell how you get expandable storage using jailbreak
that's ignoring the fact that you have to void your warranty to do basic shit like that
>>
>>54491452
Can confirm, jailbreak activated my micro SD slot.
>>
>>54491387
So that niggers and white trash can pretend they are rich.
>>
>>54491487
External drives
Some of them also work without jailbreak and have a file explorer
Also
>implying rooting doesn't void the warranty on Android flagships
>>
>>54491513
i said you have to void your warranty to do basic shit, not you void your warranty when you modify shit
>>
>>54491513
Only voids the warranty on flagship Samsung phones, which are as shitty as iPhones anyways.
>>
>>54491387
>2010-tier
p sure android had one in 2008, and all those other things
>>
>>54491523
Huawei, xiaomi, htc

>>54491521
The things you call "basic shit" are something iPhone users don't give a shit about
>>
Because you cant be a cool kid with an iPhone®
>>
>>54491459
>it's easier for normies to use
for "normies" its the exact same. Most of my family uses android and never has troubles with it, while one of the two ios users in my family is always pissed at functionality and the other i think has a samsung phone now maybe
>>
>>54491523
>shitty as iphones
fuck off m8. Name me a phone that is better than a note 3 or 4
>>
>>54491548
they "don't give a shit" about it because they've never had it
>>
>>54491387
mobile devices should not have a file explorer. I don't want to fuck around moving config files around or searching through documents for that photo

iOS not having expandable storage is super jew, forcing users to get the more expensive models

no torrenting is probably because of legal reasons. Why you'd want to torrent on a fucking phone is retarded though
>>
>>54491464
>torrenting which is retarted to do on a smartphone
>
>
>
>the number one robust way to download something on to a smartphone is retarded to do on a smartphone
>>
>>54491578
>mobile devices should not have a file explorer
why?

It allows you to do more, such as install apps not on the market, modify games, access networks, etc.
>>
>>54491387
Why are you still living in 2010?
>>
>>54491664
>something is 2010-tier
>"why u living in the 2010?"
>>
>>54491548
If they don't give a shit, then why do they bother jailbreaking?
>>
>>54491387
>what is jailbreak
>>
>>54491387

Personally

>no stupid chaotic app drawer
>functional email app
>more polished OS apps
>not a laggy crashy pos
>dgaf about "muh customizations"
>jail breaking is easy and his Bluetooth file transfer and file and torrents
>great looking and fast, and performs well
>don't like much about android
>>
>>54491464
What if you run out of storage? What if you want to keep your music on your phone? What then? Are you going to spend another 700$ for the same iPhone with more storage?
>>
>>54491387
Sounds like you need a computer, not a phone. You should buy a computer.
>>
>>54491387
Well, I'll fucking bite:

I use a whyPhone and I only use it for basic communication and comfort.
>Why pay more if you only use the basics.
Fuck if I know, I like the design and how smooth/intuitive it feels. Sure, having to jailbreak it is quite a hassle, but after all, picking this phone was an active decision after "finding" my last iPhone abandoned on a sink in a train bathroom.
>>54491879
Not the same anon. But I'm getting a bigger one, (current one is "8"GB) and I am using Apple Music to find and download more onto an external drive until I'm satisfied with my collection. After that I'll just dump my subscription and keep what I downloaded on my HDD.

I don't use my phone for any Watch_Dogs level of l33t haxing, that's why I have my desktop & laptop for.
>laptop
Fuck off.
>>
>>54491896
>after "finding" my last iPhone abandoned on a sink in a train bathroom.
Come on Tyrone, gib it back.
>>
>>54491925
The quotation marks were kinda wrong, I did legit find it in the bathroom, I left it where it was for two stops then I decided to take the little orphan under my wings. Not my fault the previous owner didn't activate the "Find my iPhone" service before losing it.
>>
>>54491387
>Not being able to do everything you desire
Jesus, people on IOS could literally be wood logs, and nothing would change.
>>
>>54491387
Because they like dicks. In their ass.
>>
>>54491387
Sounds like something less useful than a Commodore Amiga.
>>
>>54491896
>having to jailbreak it is quite a hassle
U wot, you literally connect it to a computer and start a program.
>>
>>54492157
Well, I'm a moron with a 9.3 one (not like I had any choice in update version when I found it). Unless I missed something I'm not sure that you can downgrade.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 849x871) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 849x871
>>54491452
>jailbreak
>2001+15
It's dead, Jim.
>>
>>54491400
Best comment
>>
>>54492222
I can sympathize. I had to install 9.2 when I bricked it after forgetting you can't wipe after jailbreaking or it's bricktown. I miss Filza and being able to ssh into it.
>>
>>54491387
>wew
I only needed this when I pirated apps and music. then I got a job

>wew
you don't need more than 32gb on a phone. 64gb is pressing it, and 128gb is a ridiculous amount

>wew
You can if you have a Mac (for AirDrop), or a wifi network connection

>wew
it's not for ricing. It's a phone. The only people that actually care about android customization is XDA and autists on /g/

>wew
most flagship phones that aren't cheap Chinese shit, crowdfunding crap or meme phones cost in the same neighborhood as an iPhone, ranging from $600~$800. And with carrier contracts that 90% of the android and iPhone user base use, you don't pay the full amount. If your carrier doesn't have a subsidy, Apple has one that comes with an unlocked phone.

Not to mention that anroid is BotnetOS, made by Botnet, inc

>inb4 you can remove it
The botnet is always there
>>
>>54491643
You can so that without a file manager. Flux, iNDS, provenance, to name a few popular ones are not on the AppStore. But it stands, if you have the source, you can install anything you want on an iPhone.
>>
>>54491486
how's z3 with cyanogenmod senpai? i wanted to flash cm on my z3 but i'm afraid i will lose that camera enhancing and xperia credentials shit.
>>
>>54492334
>wew
>>>leddit.com/r/4chan
>>
>>54492385
i can confirm, that the fisheye bug is still present.

And yes you will loose everything from xperia as cyanogenmod is basucally just plain android.

Apart from that CM12.1 runs smooth as fuck and never crashed since i flashed it.
>>
>>54492399
Wew is an original meme, coming from wew lad. Wew lad was made to replace pepe as the Normies, tumblr and Reddit took it over. Wew lad is a 4chan original. Hopefully it won't get stolen so quickly.
>>
Because it works better with the only desktop OS from 2016.
>>
>>54491424
>having to redownload files to access them in different apps
>>
>>54491387
what is Cydia?
>>
File: phone.png (3 MB, 1500x1334) Image search: [Google]
phone.png
3 MB, 1500x1334
>what is jailbreaking

I can do literally all of those things on my phone (except torrenting because why the fuck would I torrent from my phone).
>>
>>54491387
Except you can do all this things.

Posted from my Jailbroken phone.
>>
>>54491387
>iFile
>attach a usb to the lightning port
>transmission for ios
>ifunbox/mount in ifile
>download cydia tweaks, install dreamboard (or how it's called)
Keep in mind that android by default (nexus 6p) doesn't have a file explorer, expandable storage and torrenting too.
>>
I use it for my work phone and tablet because Apple has better enterprise support for large companies. For my personal phone I have an Android device
>>
>2020 - 4
>no webm support
>>
>>54494116
>what is vlc
>>
>>54494116
>1BC+2017
>using sites that still use webm
>>
>>54491387
BECUZ IT JUST WERKS

ever time i use OSX over the years it just gets worse and worse

Same with iOS

first couple of versions where very fast but ever since 4 they just got more bloated and slow and now famously insecure.
>>
Not defending, i could give a shit about Apple/Microsoft/Google, but --

>no torrenting

isn't true. I was torrenting on the iPhone 3G, and a few buddies of mine still do. Web interface on a remote server makes it possible.

Look at it this way -- if Android fags make excuses than expect Applefags to as well. Also, --

What?
>>
>>54491875
I use and love android but I agree with most of this
>>
>>54494163
>Insecure
>PC

Nice try Ballmer
>>
>Still getting updates for 5 year old device
>Not made by a company whose entire business model is collecting personal data
>>
Jesús christ this is abysmal, why would you pay for such an overpriced cellphone when a chinky one does the same (even better specs) for the fraction of the price?
Not to mention that both are made in the same fucking country.
>>
>>54491387
Because a large group of people just dont care about that stuff
>>
Because I've owned this iPhone for nearly 6 years (that I got for free in a rewards program) and I'm not cashing out for a new Android. Besides, I barely use the thing. I don't talk to people, I don't go outside.
>>
>Green text bubbles
In 2015+1?! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: image.png (219 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
219 KB, 1334x750
>no file explorer
>implying
>>
>>54491400
This. Only acceptable answer.
>>
I don't want or need those features it's a cell phone...
>>
>>54491452

When you present your own opinions as the opinion of the masses.
>>
>>54494339
Uhh infamous fappening icloud hack?

Get fucked appletard

Windows has been pretty secure since Vista.

Nobody wants to bother to hack a crapple full of half finished garage band shit songs
>>
File: IMG_5727.jpg (55 KB, 750x673) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5727.jpg
55 KB, 750x673
>>54491879
>>54491387
>not gonna happen soon
>implying
>>
more like
>no notification LED
>no double tap to wake
>>
To be honest, having been an android user for a few years, I do actually prefer iphones now. Expendable storage has never been a problem, I'm not an idiot who downloads a dozen movie to his phone when he has a laptop. Not being able to access the golden from a computer is actually fine too. I don't need iTunes to transfer pictures, which is the most common file transfer I do. Dealing with Android's file system was kind of a pain in the ass. Lack of customization didn't bother me either. Ricing is a time sink. You can do it if you jailbreak, but I never bothered. I never torrented on my phone either. Jesus man, do you really not own a single other computing device or have an actual internet connection? I know the pajeet meme if overplayed, but...
>>
File: san_i_am_disaponted.jpg (29 KB, 246x287) Image search: [Google]
san_i_am_disaponted.jpg
29 KB, 246x287
>>54491387
>expendable storage
>expendable
>>
File: image.png (108 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
108 KB, 750x1334
>>54495662
You should actually use the products in question before you decide /g/ should tell you what to dislike.
>>
>>54495735
>camera flash as led notification
>Accessibility
tippity top kek
>>
File: TM5hmGj.png (64 KB, 620x512) Image search: [Google]
TM5hmGj.png
64 KB, 620x512
>>54491387
>No file explorer
>no torrenting
>can't customize home/lockscreen
>>
>>54495777
Excellent meme post bro.
>>
>>54491387
I dunno, OP, why are you still a virgin?
>>
>>54491387
>>no expendable storage
>expendable
Kek. Also, most android phones don't, too
>>no torrenting
Useless in phone
>>can't transfer files between iOS device and computer without iTunes
Cloud, Bluetooth
>>can't customize home/lockscreen
Ricing is for faggots
>>comes bundled with very overpriced hardware
We're talking OS or phones?
>Why people still use this 2010-tier OS?
I don't, but it's as good as any. Get over it and just don't buy an iPhone.
>>
>>54491400
</thread>
>>
>>54491452
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about if you think fucking jailbreaking your iPhone will magically provide you with an SD card slot.
>>
>>54493282
If you wanted to. There's a transmission client for ios
>>
werks good enough
screen good enough
security good enough
personally curated app store
don't have to be neurotic about the latest and greatest roms.

I used to be addicted to flashing roms and etc on android, at one point I had like 5 phones and was making my own roms. It literally kept me up at night.

Bought an iP6 for the lulz when they came out. Will never go back, get fucked android.
>>
>>54491387
nice nerd shit loser
>>
File: Screenshot_20160502-175743.png (263 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160502-175743.png
263 KB, 1080x1920
>>54491452
>few people care about expandable storage
>waah I can't have it so it's an unnecessary meme
>having to install shady chinese pangu botnet for stuff that is considered basic for portable computers made in more than a decade ago

Let's not forget that you pay more for less.
>>
>>54493282
That homescreen looks gorgeous. What's the name of the icon pack?
>>
>>54493282
why the cuck would you make iOS look like android?
>>
>>54491875
this

i cant understand /g/ stupidness:
>ios sucks its only good if you jailbreak it
>Android sucks but not if you flash the whole phone and download a rom so you can use it freely
>>
>>54491562
Any phone on the same chipset, that isn't made by Samsung.
>inb4 stylus meme
Nice Windows Mobile reference.
>>
>>54491387
>an unknown error has occurred
>can't delete apps in the top row because wonky touch screen
>>
>>54494156
Like 4chan :^)
>>
>>54496952
Most iphone users I know get their music off streaming services, and most don't even have their own music collection at all on their own hardware. Those people with 16gb iphones are paying $80-200 month like morons often to get at their data on cloud services, entirely out of illiteracy.

In my case with my near-identical stinkychinky xiaomi phone, I pay $15/mo for my cellphone that has 64gb of storage and all my music, I use less than 200mb data per month.
>>
>>54494156
>YOURE HERE FOREVER
>>
>>54495015
What app is that?
>>
>>54497201
>Most iphone users I know get their music off streaming services

The ones that I know use spotify too but I haven't seen someone who stores all of their photos/videos on the cloud meme. They mostly run out of space due to that.

Still, cloud seems pointless considering that 128gb micro sd cards can be bought for ~$45. I don't really think that people like the idea of access to your pics being dependent on you having coverage.
>>
File: 1455851316592.jpg (23 KB, 263x317) Image search: [Google]
1455851316592.jpg
23 KB, 263x317
>app has force closed
>app has force closed
>battery dead in like 5 minutes
>no imessage
>app has forced close
>literally need quadcore processors in a phone and 2gb of ram to make it run some what acceptable

why do people use lagdroid?
>>
>>54495889
>Kek. Also, most android phones don't, too
This is false

>>54498430
This is false too, except of course iMessage which is Apple's thing and they try to keep it that way. My phone has Android 6.0, memory card slot and 3200 mAh battery. I wouldn't want to trade it for Apple's phone. Especially when they were the same price when I bought it, so there aren't even any financial gains.
>>
>>54495588
>using comas as decimals
Wtf is this
>>
>>54498580
See the difference? A 3200 mAh Android lasts as long as a 1800 mAh iPhone.
An Octa core 1,8GHz, 3GB RAM is as fast, or less, as a dual core 1.4GHz, 2GB RAM iPhone.
iPhones are so well optimized they need slightly over half the specs as any Android phone to perform on the same level, or even better.
>>
>>54498993
>A 3200 mAh Android lasts as long as a 1800 mAh iPhone.
This is false, my phone outlasts any iPhone made so far. It can last several days.
>>
>gf has 16gb iphone 6s
>Constantly has full storage
>app cache can't be wiped without deleting the entire app

Like seriously. Why would instagram need gb of data? It's cached for no reason. Facebook and other apps do the same shit.
>>
>>54497201
You don't pay $15 a month for a cellular data plan.
>>
>>54498845
>finding out America isn't the world
A+
>>
>>54497123
Because he wants onde, but is poser and uses an iphone
>>
>>54494091
You are smart be like u
>>
Has anyone here ever owned an iphone after the 5 (4 and 4s were shit) and managed to switch to android with no regrets?

I am on an Android phone again after using an iPhone for a while but I have to buy a new phone soon. Since most of my apps are here on Android really want to buy another Android phone but it just seem like a waste of my money comparing to what I would get buying an iPhone.
>>
why do I need a file explorer on my phone. I had it on android an never used it
128gb is more than enough storage for me
yes I can, I do it all the time, I just dont use a usb cable for it
the homescreen/lockscreen on the iPhone is literrally perfect. Only kids rice their phones
You get what you pay for

At least I get software updates, quality app store, the best 1st and 3rd party support, no depreciation, faster and more stable, just werks, good looking UI including apps, etc
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 329x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 329x375
>>54499328
What's having no friends like?
>>
>>54501209
I have no idea so I can't help you there, but I can say what's it like to have your phone ring very rarely since everyone uses some kinds of messengers.

Actually there was a brief moment when I kind of had no friends, when I was 11. I changed schools because my family moved and I didn't know anyone. I did go to baseball camp in the summer and I met some of my future classmates there, so I had friends before the new school ever started. After that I haven't had a moment where I didn't have any friends.

My phone only lasts for two days normally since I use it so much, but it could last a week easily if I wanted it to.
>>
>>54491387
Because WP has no apps really
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.