[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does noone give straight forward explanations of these.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: download (5).jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Why does noone give straight forward explanations of these.

Okay so, if in an apartment 4Mbps/500Kbps is the max down/up speed over 5Ghz wifi, does that mean through EoP it will also be the same or will it be less due to signal degradation due to copper?
>>
>>54490826
There are no explanations because your results will vary widely based on the quality of the devices purchased and the quality of your electrical wiring. There is essentially no guarantee that the devices will even connect to one another at all.

The wifi speed is totally irrelevant. You need to plug directly into the modem to test your broadband speed.
>>
They are shit and insecure
>>
>>54490826
Yes
>>
>>54490866
You realize they provide encryption, right?
>>
>>54490878
What you mean like wps? It's shit anon
>>
I got one and live in a small apartment wih 2 other room mates

The place is shit-tier and crapp wiring, but our internet is still fast as fuck and I torrent at max speed

Never had issues

Got a D-Link one and room mates have TP Link

People seem to have mixed results tho
>>
>>54490900
Those devices aren't WAPs.
>>
>>54490916
You don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>54490930
http://www.tp-link.com/Resources/document/TL-PA411_V1_UserGuide_19100106.pdf
>>
I have a downloadspeed of 15Mbps with Wifi 5Ghz, I hoped with these things it would increase, but it's actually the same, so it's the bad signal of VDSL line to my ISP that's the culprit.
>>
>>54490930
Get back to /v/
>>
>>54490856

/Thread

Test with a hard-line cable straight from the modem, then router. Determine issue does not come from either with a zero-latency-adding connection (I.E., a cable)

Then, if the speeds are fine that way, it's time to test WiFi settings until you get a better channel/config. Or buy a dedicated Access Point with a stupid-strong transmit power and roll with that.

EoP sucks dick when it even works. The circumstances it needs, is that both devices exist on the same circuit in the house at the same voltage and frequency. Good for transversing a wall, awful at going upstairs/into a different room entirely. And if your outlets are of certain types, that can fuck with it too. Oh, and don't think about using it on a system with a solar feed. Oh, and enjoy your sub-gigabit speeds.

Just fucking run a cable. 500 Ft is cheap, learning to crimp a connector is a 15 minute exercise.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.