[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
e-Reader
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: Fire.jpg (108 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Fire.jpg
108 KB, 1000x1000
For some reason Kindle Fire's are cheaper than Kindles. Is there any advantages to using a dedicated e-reader as opposed to a tablet?
>>
eInk and battery life.
>>
Yes, having it not look like shit. Don't use a tablet for books, get a cheap eReader or a good one. Both are better than tablets, even oleds
>>
It's like the difference between reading a physical book and reading a pdf on a PC.

A friend of mine has one of them kindle e readers.
The display technology is perfect for reading. You get high resolution fonts.
You can disable backlight and read in natural light.
Huge ass battely life. You'd be suprised. You can finish several books before you need a charge.

So OP, if you are one of those persons who always carries a book around, then a dedicated e-reader is for you.

A tablet is something more general purpose. You will get a shit reading experience compared to a dedicated e-reader, but you can do other stuff too.
>>
>>54484058
The thing is that on the newest Kindle paperwhite you can't actually turn off the backlight. It's shit
>>
File: _20160511_023306.jpg (70 KB, 508x688) Image search: [Google]
_20160511_023306.jpg
70 KB, 508x688
I have the basic (non-paperwhite) Kindle, and my only complaints are
* Background is a bit dark when you aren't in strong sunlight (it doesn't really come across in the picture, it's darker in person than you expect from the marketing)
* Low pixel density is sometimes noticeable (but mostly only with small text and particularly strong light, and it doesn't impact legibility)

I'll consider an upgrade in the future but in the meantime I'm very happy with it overall. Would recommend to anyone who wants an ereader and doesn't want to splurge for the Paperwhite or Voyage right away.
>>
because they are pulling the ps3 route and expecting to be compensated in software sales. if you buy one root it asap.
>>
>fire's
kill yourself
>>
File: Kobo_Aura_H2O_review_under_tap.jpg (217 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
Kobo_Aura_H2O_review_under_tap.jpg
217 KB, 1632x1224
kindle is evil amazon botnet

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/18/technology/companies/18amazon.html

kobo is the only real choice you have
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.