[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with getting the right behr dynamics dt990 ohms model?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 71J3un9fMgL._SL1500_.jpg (144 KB, 1269x1500) Image search: [Google]
71J3un9fMgL._SL1500_.jpg
144 KB, 1269x1500
Help with getting the right behr dynamics dt990 ohms model? And yes I read the sticky

I am currently using v moda m100 on my desktop and I use it for primarily gaming such as Fallout 4, Mass Effect, The Witcher 3, etc. I enjoy being immersed in the game world alongside having great comfort. However, the vmodas aren't best for comfort so I have found myself a worthy successor, the behyrdynamics DT990, which has great comfort and sound that emphasizes lows and highs just how I like. I will also only be using it for my desktop, not my mobile devices, but I think my motherboard probably only does 32 ohms headphones like most average motherboards.

The problem now is that there is the option for 32 ohm, 250 ohm, and 600 ohm. From what I have garnered online, the 250 ohm and 600 ohm is better and has tighter bass and such (according to guides like http://www.head-fi.org/t/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more).

As great as those higher ohm versions sound, buying an amp costs significantly more money and takes up space on my desk. I am an average joe and I don't know if I can hear differences between headphones the way audiophiles can expertly do so I guess I am a total noob who doesn't really know much.
I guess what I am getting at is.... are there HUGE differences between the 32 ohm version and the other 2 ohm versions? Of course I would prefer to save money and buy the 32 ohm version but if the quality of the 32 ohm pair is so much worse than the other 2 variants (as said in this article and video http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/comparison-beyerdynamic-dt-880-32-ohm-dt-880-250-ohm-and-dt-880-600-ohm-headphones), I suppose I am willing to shell out the money.

TL;DR: for an average noob gaming joe like me, are the differences between the 32 ohm and the 250 and 600 ohm variants of the dt990 going to be audibly big enough for me to have to go ahead and for sure buy the higher ohm one plus an amp?

Thanks in advance guys
>>
and yes I posted on hpg and reddit but no one responded
>>
>>54482127
I don't think you need anything more than 250omh. They should run with your MB audio as my ROG Maximus extreme-z, same for dualshock 4, can drive HD800 (300omh, 104db per 1V) to normal volume.
Higher impedance headphones used in studio environment, so 600omh will be overkill for home usage.
>>
Also
>innerfidelity
>head-fi
Holy shit pure cancer. Run away from this shit as according to them, HD800 must not even produce sound unless I buy amp that cost over 1k$.
>>
Also, impedance means how much in currency you need to overcome to move coil mass plus membrane resistance. I don't think there is big benefits in 32 vs 600 omh versions, unless you has high power tube amps, that need high impedance headphones to work properly. If you want to go with high impedance, go for 250.
>>
>>54482127
>I am an average joe and I don't know if I can hear differences between headphones the way audiophiles can expertly do

a good headphone amp would run you about $65 to $125 used (in the US)

the differences you would hear include somewhat greater bass extension and impact, somewhat greater smoothness and fullness in midrange vocals, improved overtones in the treble, usually greater sense of space in the soundstage, and volume increase, of course -- it varies with the headphones
>>
>>54483583
why do you recommend the 250 ohm version vs the 600 ohm version? If I have decided to shell out money for an amp, shouldn't I just go ahead and buy the highest ohm version so I can get the highest quality?

>>54485273
thanks dude that was really helpful. You think I'll be able to actually perceive those differences though? Aka do you think higher ohms plus an ohms worth the purchase for me?
>>
File: 317C71Jw-EL.jpg (16 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
317C71Jw-EL.jpg
16 KB, 500x375
For a good amp for the 250 ohm or 600 ohm version, would this monoprice one be a good buy? I'm not too much of a technical expert to know if this would fit the requirements of the headphones

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-111567-Desktop-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00KVVX2QW/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
>>
>>54486901>>54485273

EDIT: I meant *aka do you think higher ohms plus an AMP would be worth the purchase for me?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.