[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UK activist fearing US extradition, 99yr sentence awaits landmark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 5730af73c36188556b8b45c6.jpg (91 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
5730af73c36188556b8b45c6.jpg
91 KB, 900x500
https://www.rt.com/uk/342430-lauri-love-encryption-ruling/

UK authorities have hijacked a civil suit launched by a cybersecurity expert from Suffolk accused of hacking into the Federal Reserve, in a move that has sinister implications for journalists and others who rely on encrypted data storage and communications.

Gifted programmer and human rights activist Lauri Love, 31, stands accused of intercepting online systems operated by the Fed, NASA, the FBI, the US Department of Defense and the US Environmental Protection Agency, among others.

The US Department of Justice (DoJ) is pursuing him with three extradition orders, claiming he and several collaborators violated millions of US networks between 2012 and 2013, landing US tax payers with a multimillion dollar damages bill.

Love’s US-UK legal team say he could face up to 99 years in prison if extradited to America. The NCA previously declined to comment directly on his extradition proceedings or those concerning his civil property suit. When asked whether it felt pressured by the NSA and/or other US authorities regarding Love’s case, a spokesperson for the law enforcement body said: “The NCA is an independent law enforcement agency. We would not routinely confirm or deny specific communications with partners.”
>>
So he was hacking the USA and got caught?
>>
i love how he will be put to the same living area as murderers, rapist, and other violet criminals
>>
>>54472190
>not charged with any crime
>property seized, forced to give encryption keys
This is why I will never live in the UK
>>
>>54472314
>violet criminals

He'll be with black ones to.
>>
>>54474352
Go back to your containment board.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>54472190
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.