[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk refrigerators. Mine just busted to shit over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_20160509-184318.png (346 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160509-184318.png
346 KB, 1080x1920
Let's talk refrigerators.

Mine just busted to shit over the weekend while I was gone so all my food went to waste (I had just gone to Costco too and spent $300 for nothing now.)

I had an okay refrigerator that I bought used for cheap but can't say if I bad to buy it again that I would. So I come to you guys.

I'd like:

- water and ice dispenser
-Freezer preferably on top
-no side by side doors where the freezer is on the side

Budget is $500-$1300

Im sure some of you are thinking refrigerator shopping is easy. Trust me, it's not. Especially when you have a wife.

Also, post your refrigerators and talk about refrigerator technology. Any new ones coming out that look sweet?
>>
No one on here has a cool refrigerator?
>>
>>54470674
No
>>
>>54470674
Yes
>>
>>54470778
Post them
>>
File: [009576].png (676 KB, 743x575) Image search: [Google]
[009576].png
676 KB, 743x575
>Silver fridges
>>
i went with a budget one that qualified for a fat rebate through my utility company because it was high efficiency. don't forget to factor in total cost of ownership into the equation. some are way less efficient than others and a more expensive model initially, may end up being cheaper over 10 years.
>>
>>54470674
nope, but I do have a cold one.
>>
>>54470546
Get a miele if you can afford it
>>
Find a good scratch and dent place. French door stainless is pretty common. I just got a ge profile from craigslist for about 500.
>>
>>54470841
What's the price range on Miele?

What makes them good?
>>
>>54470950
If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
>>
>>54470546
From your pic, I would be the $1900 one because obviously price scales to quality.

But if you're poorfag I understand why you might want real advice.
>>
>>54470546
Why don't you want the freezer on the bottom meme?

It's nice, the whole bottom slides out and it's like a little deep freeze. Much better way to store frozen stuff effectively
>>
>>54471087

Honestly, I don't care but the wife prefers it up top.
>>
>>54471195
She's dumb, explain to her that she is dumb
>>
>>54471334
It's not just that, bottom freezer units also use up more energy than top freezers.
>>
>>54470546
MIELÉ
I
E
L
É
>>
>>54472795
That's some rich people shit gtfo here with that shit
>>
>>54470950
German engineering. Liebherr is hood too. Got a fridge and a refrigerator from them. Both 9 years old now I think.
>>
>water and ice dispenser

I never understood this, does cold water not come out of the taps actually cold in the US or something?
>>
Crushed ice dispensers are fucking bliss

>>54475205
Why would you waste energy cooling water when room temperature water is perfectly fine for most things?
>>
>>54475213
What? It's stored in a naturally cool place, no energy needed.
>>
>>54475205

Los Angeles tap water is fucking filthy as shit. I ain't drinking that
>>
>>54475263
It might cool, but it's not cold. Even then, depending on your piping and the temperate of wherever you live, it might not even be that.
>>
>>54475427
What would you define as cold? Here it comes out a few degrees above zero.
>>
>>54475493
And you probably live in Canada, right? How is your input relevant at all to this discussion?
>>
>>54475517
France, actually. I'm just surprised to find that "cold" tap water in the US is room temperature.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.