[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mouse thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12
My razer naga finally bit the dust today and am looking for a replacement. Anything with the similar extra buttons that isn't 70 dollars and works well?
>>
Intellimouse 1.1a
>$30
>will last forever
you don't need more than two buttons on your mouse that's what the keyboard is for, you missed the lot of 101+ you have
>>
Hey guys is worth the difference between g402 and g502?
>>
Logitech G600.
>>
if you want side buttons your only options are the g600 or the naga
>>
>>54472004

yes, 502 uses the best sensor currently out

both look too gaymery though, I wish they'd make them more like the master
>>
File: images.jpg (2 KB, 123x90) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2 KB, 123x90
This is the best mouse you can currently use. Forget all the other shit, once you make the switch you will NEVER go back to pleb mice
>>
>>54473453
Gaming on it is a bitch since my proper mouse died today. I mainly used it to web browse but once you get the hang of it, it's oddly fun to game with.
>>
>>54473698
I don't play too many games, but I powered through MGS5 with it and I also play a bit of DayZ. I will never go back to a regular mouse now, I just enjoy using it so much more and find it more comfortable.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
233 KB, 1920x1080
Utechsmart Venus. $40 on amazon/newegg, best mouse value out there. Solid build, Avago laser sensor, naga button arrangement, pinky rest, mutli-click button for muh shooters, and changeable weights in the bottom. I came from a Corsair M90 and this is a better mouse at half the shekels.
>>
>>54473453

>using this when brother sees it and wants one

>tell him it's like over $60 or something last I bought it

>find out now on Amazon for $20. Order one for rest of family and one for myself for backup
>>
Get the g502, and if you can't afford that go for the g402.
>>
>>54468667
>razer naga finally bit the dust today

the crowds cheer
>>
File: 61DRrRaaJWL.jpg (71 KB, 1024x804) Image search: [Google]
61DRrRaaJWL.jpg
71 KB, 1024x804
>>54473453
Someone said trackballs?
I need some advice, should I switch to one of this? I don't play games
>>
>>54477059

Yes, the center-style ones are much less fatiguing and more precise IMO
>>
>>54470507
Actually 3
>>
>razer naga
>finally died
why didn't you anticipate the inevitable and buy a good quality mouse? I hope you know by now that razor only wants your money, even if it means making shit products.
>>
>>54473453
If only it was nicer like an MX
>>
>>54474774
I had one of these before, but an older model. They're nice and cheap, but they only last about 1.5 years. That's still a nice life cycle for the price if you spend 10+ hours using it every day like I did
>>
>>54474774
How disgusting
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com(11).jpg (47 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(11).jpg
47 KB, 1000x1000
>>54468667
Most comfortable mouse I have used
So far lasted me 2.5 years
Costs $20

I have a spare if anything happens to my baby.
I bought a $60 one a week back. Used it for a about an hour. Very uncomfortable and I felt really bad for my old one. I just had to use it. So I refunded the shit one I bought.
>>
>>54477397
It's the gigabyte force M7 btw
And it was $AU20
>>
How do you break a mouse?

I imagine you're playing a video game, you lose, and go "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" *repeatedly slam your mouse against your deck SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM*

"heh... Mice just stop working after a few years!"
>>
>>54477451
Sometimes the McDonalds lids aren't sealed tight enough so when they fall over they go all over my mouse and break after a day
>>
>>54477451
furreal, my naga broke after 2 years. apparently most all razer products fuck out after a few years.

then i started beating it up, to make sure it was deifnitely broken.

i miss having a billion buttons.
i just want an affordable durable mouse with 1.2 million buttons...
>>
>>54477522
I'm using a Diamondback I bought 7 years ago. No issues whatsoever yet.
>>
>>54477522

Yep, Razer mice are trash quality. My Copperhead just flat out stopped tracking after 2 years.
OG Deathadder was great for a while, but started double clicking every time after about the same amount of time.

The Imperator took only 6 months to start peeling. Whatever coating they used just came off while the scrollwheel click broke.

I bought a Zowie FK1 after that and never looked back.
>>
black mamba
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (203 KB, 2090x1394) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
203 KB, 2090x1394
time to post muh Ducky again
>>
502 looks edgy but it's actually pretty comfy to use.

Hardly ever use the extra buttons in games, but I did bind back, forward, copy, paste, and f5 to some of the buttons and it's super convenient. Also the sensor is really good.
>>
Kensington expert trackball is good.
>>
>>54477970
does these things need any drivers or something? I run linux and it's a pain in the neck when you don't have the drivers.
I expect them to be like any other mouse ("plug and play")
>>
File: shittymouse.png (72 KB, 652x560) Image search: [Google]
shittymouse.png
72 KB, 652x560
>>54473453
I used this trackball for a while -- utter shit.

Way less efficient than a high-sensitivity mouse, and the ergonomics were fucking abysmal. It actually made my carpal tunnel worse.

So yeah, I went back to "pleb mice." No regrets whatsoever.
>>
>>54478065
maybe it was that model in particular, and other trackballs may be good.
I'm talking without knowledge. I've been using a normal mouse since I started using pcs, and now I use this touchpad shit on the laptop.
>>
>>54478088
>maybe it was that model in particular
It might've been, you're totally right.

But tbqh, I personally wouldn't take the risk.
>>
>>54478108
I have this one as well. Never use it because it doesn't have a scroll wheel. This is so annoying that I can't give it a fair chance. I've thought about getting a trackball with a wheel but I don't want to waste money.
>>
File: mice.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mice.jpg
267 KB, 1920x1080
Alright, which one?
>>
>>54478031
it will work as a PnP mouse, but if you want to map the extra buttons to things beyond defaults then you'll probably need to install trackballworks.

They have an OS X distributable you could probably shoehorn into linux
>>
>>54477693
Had the same issue with Deathadder. Just open it up and resolder a new switch from the cheapest mouse you can find. Problem solved for another 3 years.

Not going to replace it until the laser craps out.
>>
>>54478415
Also, video for the retarded ones http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BSceKouZb10
>>
>>54477693

I had a Razer Copperhead way back which started double clicking after about two years of daily usage.

What I did to fix it was to put a small piece of a bag of potato chips (The glued together bottom part) and stick it between the piece of plastic which registers clicks and the pin going down from the left mouse button.

I kept on using this mouse for two more years until I got a new one.
>>
>>54478332
my friend has the lua and likes it, if you like a small mouse and dont need high dpi go for it
>>
File: índice.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
índice.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
thoughts about this? it seems prety comfy for use, but it must be terrible for shooters and action games
>>
>>54478332
I have the G602

It is heavy, took me a while to get comfortable with it. I suck at gaming so i can't tell you if the mouse is good or bad

Middle click can be a bit... annoying, sometimes you click and it won't register, sometimes you barely click an it registers

Use it only if you absolutely need a wireless mouse.
>>
>>54478872

no one?
>>
>>54477795
How do you find it? What other mice have you used? I was looking into the Ducky after my G502 died but I've heard a few things that are putting me off buying it and those are the weight as well as the sensor placement apparently being further back than in most mice so if you claw/palm grip like I do, it'll feel different.
>>
>>54482110
Availability seems to be a bit of an issue.
I personally go full fingertip grip, so sensor placement isn't a problem for me.
I can see how the weight would put you off, though it is still nowhere near as heavy as the G502. I'd say the weight is manageable.
>>
File: giphy.gif (78 KB, 317x240) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
78 KB, 317x240
>>54478872
>>
File: newmouse.png (152 KB, 919x510) Image search: [Google]
newmouse.png
152 KB, 919x510
about to pull the trigger on this

all i've had has been a logitech m325 for years

this a good buy?
>>
>>54468667
Zowie ZA or EC series.
>>
>>54484962
>pull the trigger
>$15
oh boy
>>
>>54485441
what am I missing
>>
>>54484962
Yeah that looks good. Go for it
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.