[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /g/ i need some technology advice, i'm recording a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Rocky_400x400.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Rocky_400x400.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
sup /g/

i need some technology advice, i'm recording a punk show later this week and turns out the mixer/soundboard at this venue is just a basic 4 channel mixer, which means i'm kinda fucked and probably can't record through the mixer/soundboard, i'm kind of desperate because i'm also playing at this show and cannot really afford a decent handheld recorder right now

so, i've decided to record the show by just using my laptop and a microphone at the back of the stage, will this be alright? i don't really care about quality (after all this IS a punk show)

it's just a basic laptop, audacity, and a regular run of the mill microphone

(pic unrelated)
>>
If you don't care about quality then what does it matter?
>>
>>54466212

cuz i'm kind of looking for advice from someone who's done this before, i don't necessarily mind if it sounds kind of shitty but i also want the recording to be somewhat audible and coherent
>>
>>54466170

that is a shit way to record.

at the very minimum use an audio interface to capture a track from the board to audacity.
>>
>>54466170
What kind of mixer is it? I'm guessing it's a 4 to 1 (4 inputs, 1 output to speakers etc) then just get a powered splitter for like $5 and plug that into the output, then plug one end into the speaker system, and the other into your laptop.
>>
>>54466170

Yes, this shit will be alright. It will match your desired level of quality perfectly, nay, even far surpass it. Your deeds will be heralded for centuries, telling how bone-chillingly shit your shit was. You will set a milestone in shittyness, and at the ceremony to hand you the deserved award, Rebecca Black will sing a hymn for you.
>>
>>54467226
>Rebecca Black

who?
>>
>>54467329

Yes, it will be THAT shitty.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.