[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Debotnetting win10?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (56 KB, 600x343) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
56 KB, 600x343
I know it's literally the NSA's system, but I would still like to debotnet it as mush as possible. So far, I've tried this: http://pastebin.com/N7uHpNDw , but 1 command (echo "" > AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl) gives me an "acces denied", although I am running CMD as Administrator.
>>
>hey /g/, I know the OS I'm using is compromised, but I'd like to configure it to lie to me and tell me it's not but I don't have the necessary control over the system to even do that
Kill yourself
>>
>>54465794
Back to /b/, fag
>>
Does the fact that you're having this much difficulty not say anything to you?

Miroshaft has always done shitty things, especially with the way they transitioned from Win 7 to Win 8/.1, but what they're doing now is unacceptable, and should especially be seen as such to someone who knows enough about these things that they're on /g/.

Why would you even bother?
Just switch to Linux, use one of the many versions of Ubuntu. Run a VM or dual boot if you outright need windows.
>>
>>54465944
What about tails?
>>
>>54465987
Probably even better of a choice. I am not an Ubuntu fanboy by any means, I just assumed that you may not be familiar with Linux if you were considering windows 10.
>>
>>54466016
Yeah, I was always using windows, but since 8 I have been heavily thinking about changing.
>>
>>54465765
How does it land?
>>
>>54466078
It doesn't. Like win10,
>>
>>54466078
Well... Actually it can land on water. And sink.
>>
>>54466043
Same, I'm on 8.1 right now and this is going to be the last machine I purchase (I'm on a laptop) that I either didn't build myself or that is new.

Are you doing some kind of secret squirrel shit though? If not, Tails might be overkill for the average user's needs.

I'd recommend X/L/Kubuntu, Ubuntu MATE, Linux Mint (They just got hacked though), Fedora, or Debian. All of these are easy for news users to get into, as I've tried each and every one of them myself a few years ago.

Personally I would use Ubuntu MATE over all of them, but if you're already experienced with Linux go right ahead and pick your flavor.
I will say though, as someone else who has also been using windows for all of these years, Microsoft has finally crossed that line from being an inconvenience to doing the unacceptable. I would not use Windows 10, better to build your own computers from this point.
>>
>>54466123
Are there any UI mods for ubuntu that resemble windows? I think I'd find it hard to switch just like that. Also, I have just the littlest bit of experience with unix-lixe systems, that is Android.
>>
>>54466227
Linux operating systems have different Desktop environments. There are many, but the ones I would recommend are LXDE, KDE, XFCE, Unity (Ubuntu default), MATE, or Cinnamon.

The ones that I feel would be easiest for someone familiar with Windows are MATE, Cinnamon, and Unity.
Unity kind of sucks, it is more intensive than the others, but it holds your hand if you're knew to Linux, I used it for 3 months straight as a daily driver a couple of years ago so I could learn more.

Also, Canonical's stock Ubuntu used to come with Amazon adware, I don't know if that is still the case or not, but if so, it is easily removed in a matter of seconds, unlike the shit going on with windows 10.

The other derivatives of Ubuntu such as Linux mint, Ubuntu MATE are (sometimes) community ran and are done by other people. These other versions of Ubuntu come with the other desktop environments pre-installed.
Ubuntu in particular also has a software manager, which if you're new makes it easy to download applications rather than inputting commands to download from repositories on the terminal. It helps if you're new.

Again, I would either recommend Ubuntu MATE or Linux Mint.
And lastly, doing a quick search on youtube "how to make linux look like windows 7" got me a bunch of results.
It won't be too hard to switch anon, and I'd recommend doing it soon so you'll get the Linux experience now, before you're forced to switch quickly later on because of devilish microsoft practices and have to dive right into it without reaction time.
>>
>>54466435
Okay. I just started downloading Ubuntu MATE. I have just a quick question. I've heard a story, that Unix-based systems use the CPU in a different way, so things like rendering videos and images are MUCH MUCH faster. Is that true?
>>
>>54466495
Now this is the point where I unfortunately say, i don't know.

I wish i could answer, but there are a million different linux forums where people can help you. For example, https://ubuntu-mate.org/community/.

Usually every on the website of every distribution of linux, they have their own forum or community section where they're usually happy to see new users.
Also, before you settle on Ubuntu MATE, I would definitely recommend checking out Linux Mint. You can burn the ISOs to a DVD and try them out without installing them, or look at youtube.

The only reason I'm not posting from Linux right now is because I can't afford to build my own PC yet, but I'll Probably go with Ubuntu Mate, Linux Mint, or Fedora.
>>
>>54466580
fuck my grammar
>>
>>54466580
Ok, Thank you very much :)

/I am so glad I did not ask on /b/. It's so bad there, thought there are some answers.
>>
>>54465765
take ownership.reg
>>
>>54466227
Yes, there are a couple of windows look a like - themes for most Desktop environments and even Windows look and feel a like distros:

For instance this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL9H7GZWeyo
>>
>>54466700
I took ownership of it, but it still shows:
>Access Denied
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.