[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got a job as a junior .net developer by bluffing my way th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: dotnet-250x250-250x250.png (24 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
dotnet-250x250-250x250.png
24 KB, 250x250
I got a job as a junior .net developer by bluffing my way through the interview process overstating how experienced I was in design patterns, entity framework, ASP.NET MVC, etc. etc. I have a tiny bit of experience using them for a couple school projects, but that was it.

Has anyone worked as a junior developer with a big company before? How tough is it? I'm worried I am going to humiliate myself tomorrow when they find out how little I really know.
>>
just play dumb
>>
It's kind of expected.
If you're eager to learn, apply what you know and don't act like a complete tool, you'll be fine.
>>
>>54452688
What freaked me out was a friend in the industry warned me that Junior Developer requires two years of experience. I have no experience and just a simple IT degree. I don't know how the hell I am going to cut it. I can't even create a simple array without checking what the syntax should be online. I cannot for the life of me figure out how the hell I got through the interview process. All I had to do was say "yes" a bunch of times and I was hired.
>>
>>54452728
That's concerning.
Don't lie to your colleagues and try your best. Learn as much as you can, as quick as you can and apply it to your job.
In the end of the day, it's the employers fault for having such a broken interview process. That might be a reflection on the company.
>>
>>54452788
The technical interview was a joke. All they did was ask me questions like "have you worked with X". I could say yes without lying, because yeah, two years ago I had ONE programming class and we had to do a couple design patterns, or ONE database class and we had to use a couple SQL statements. They didn't ask me any questions that would actually test my knowledge and show that I was capable of doing the job. When they asked me about things I had not worked with, like unity framework or dependency injection, I just changed the subject, and they never went back to those questions.

I don't know if I'm a fraud, or if I legitimately passed. Tomorrow is my first day and I am shitting myself.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.